New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
25 years ago at the first deer classic a booklet was put out with info on deer killed that year as well as charts and graphs will all different deer info for zones as well as weapons.

Stories were were written by hunters and lots of photographs posted.

I got the ok from the state to do one for next year so I just wanted to get an idea on how many guys would be interested in it if I go ahead with it.

·
Premium Member
14,409 Posts
I not only would buy one I would like to participate by interviewing a few of the hunters.

Reactions: 319

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
I think that would be a great thing.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Thats a great idea !!!, It would also be worth while to do the same thing but only with bears. Try and promote the great bear hunting and trophy potential this state has.

I know that doing something like the Deer Classic but for bear has been brought up to NJF&W, however they were hesitant to do it from fear of the anti-hunting backlash. As they encourage hunters to harvest the first bear they see and not hold out for a "trophy" but every year some outstanding bears are harvested and those animals and hunters should be recognized

·
Registered
12,825 Posts
I would buy 1... but you have to throw in that tree stand

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
I will buy copy

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
I wouldnt support it,
would let too many guys see that it is possible if they let bucks grow to shoot trophy deer here .
Cant be adding proof to what some of us already know .

I def would be interested in it as its cool to see what we really do have going on within an hour drive for most anyone in the state

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.