New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
If I'am not mistaken the first picture is of Bob Papson, who is a Division Fisheries Biologist. Bob is an avid fishiermen and one can learn alot about the fishing opportunities we have here in New Jersey. Some information I have gathered from him, Swartwood for walleyes(Since 1992 Walleye have been stocked there), ice-fishing Lake Hopatcong, Greenwood Lake Muskies, Manasquan Reservoir Tiger Muskies, Budd Lake Pike and Round Valley Smallmouths and Black Crappie. Just to name a few places. We are fortunate to have such aggressive freshwater fisheries programs here in NJ.

Till our trails cross,
Ryan
www.wildoutdoorsman.com

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
If you fly-fish the Flatbrook try brown and gray caddis flys, as this matches the hatch for this time of year till about mid to late July. After that use ant patterns, I have done well using these. As for spinners use small brown, gray or yellow rooster tails. Let me know how you make out. If you go in the evening you should be able to watch the days hatch come off the water. Take your bug spray.

Till our trails cross,

Ryan
www.wildoutdoorsman.com

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Drag(Bird's Nest)/JerseyJim, I know the Flatbrook pretty good so i know a ton of spots. Hey Drag i hope you buy some more fishing line...lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts