New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this works. I shot this deer on public pressured land with scent only. After a month of playing cat and mouse I had only seen does up untill the morning of the 19th. I think the rutt was about a week late were i was. I was seeing scrapes and fresh rubs but no bucks. a friend of mine had just recieved some doe pee from ohio and had luck the week before with a nice 8pt. So I decided to give it a try after laying down a drag rag I began my walk to my stand I circled down wind and back to the front of my stand. At 20 yards I hung the drag up in a tree and went back to my stand. I climbed up settled in and 45 mins. later a buck came up on my right side and cought a smell of love and as he stood there motionless I was able to get off a good shot and harvest a nice buck. hunting public land can be hard at times butt well worth it. good luck to all.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
The post came out nice Ray and congratulations on your nice buck! Way to stick with it and put one on the ground. You forgot to tell everyone that you made a long distance shot as well! I'm really happy for you bud! [up]

1 - 20 of 52 Posts