New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To the administrators of this site.
I think you have something really good here. Did you ever think about advertising in the NJ hunting regs booklet? I think a lot more people would sign on.

·
11,226 Posts
That would be a good idea but this site doesn't make money so the cost of advertising comes out of the administrators pocket!
The site was started on Febuary 11th 2005. It was right at the very end of hunting seasons and when most hunters stop looking for hunting sites for the year. Also hunters stop getting together with other hunters until next season so the word of mouth slows down as well. The site is just over 2 months old and in the off season has picked up 187 users. Not bad. I think this place will really take off towards the end of the summer and early fall!
Any ideas you guy's and gals can come up with to spread the word are more then welcome. The more people we get here the better the site will become!
Fish & Wildlife just added a link to this site on thier site! Someone over there liked what they saw.

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Or I could purchase some ad/business cards... ship them to site users that attend hunting/fishing event X... then p [no swearing please] them around?

Now I that I am affiliated w/UBNJ... I gotta watch the conflicting/common interests. :D

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
My site is on line now, but not complete. This site will be linked whenever someone looks for NJ information. I'm on about page 230 of 500+. It takes time. It should be up and running by mid-june. It's a service based company for all outdoors people. Don't worry Your site will grow regardless, but the link will help.

Till our trails cross,
Ryan

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Drag, I know someone who does printing, so if you decide to get the cards, let me know, i can most likely get them cheaper than somewhere else

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
let me know what you find price and quantity , and i will make a call to find out if i can get a better deal

·
3,413 Posts
it's cheap and easy to print cards yourself
$18 a box for 250 cards at Staples.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Buisiness cards are "free" on the web. Just have to pay for shipping and handling. I just got 250 for about $7 or $8 dollars. I don't know if they will do a higher quantity or not.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
If you have to pay anything, I have a Preferred Customer Discount card for Kinkos/FedEx from my company that can be used for a substantial savings.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts