New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody listen to the Govenors Debate last night? A bunch of hot air, just have to pick the lesser of two evils. Forrester seems to be it, Corzine loves to create laws and have the goverment in every ones business. But that is typical of his party.

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
Forrester is the ONLY choice. Corzine will take away your right to hunt and own a gun. Corzine has been a NJ Senator for years, can anyone name 1 good thing he has done for NJ?

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I can't.

B

·
0 Posts
I can name 1 good thing he has done for NJ

Corzine has shown and proved he's the biggest A*HOLE!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
I watched the TV debate.

best question to Corzine was "In your 25 years as a Wall St. exec, you mean to tell us that the only form of Tax relief you could come up with was extending the Home Owner Tax rebate?"

It was almost a rhetorical question. Meathead (corzine) started sputtering and stammering like he had terets syndrome.

Register to vote and vote for Forrester!

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Good point BHC.

B

·
0 Posts
I don't understand how the STATE FOP AND PBA are supporting CORZINE. Both LAW ENFORCEMENT UNIONS SUCK[down][mad] SOME ONE IN BOTH UNIONS MUST OF BEEN PROMISED SOMETHING IN RETURN

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
That is odd. I am yet to meet a liberal cop too.

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
I don't pay attention to any of the polls... especially the ones that say the race is "tight". Corzine easily wins... cancels bear hunt because hunting involves guns and people who did not vote for him.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Unios REPS don't dictate how their members vote. A lot of people believe because the PBA or the Teamsters for example say they are backing a certain candidate that all their members are going to vote that way. I was a steward for the Teamster for 20 years. I never let my Rep. tell me what to preach to my guys when it came to Politics.
What we have to do is get out there and vote. Lets not just talk about it. Get the whole family of voting age involved in our God given rights to VOTE. The State of NEW JERSEY has been run by the corrupted Democratic party for too long, they don't give a flying F--- about us, is all for them and them only. PLEASE GET OUT AND VOTE or we are SCREW again.
My Pick is Forrester, he respects the Constitution and and will protect out rights to hunt and fish. Corozine is all about his money, he is a workaholic for the things and the agendas he believes in. None of the things he talks about will help us, I'm tired of being lie to all the time by the Democrats.

"PLEASE LET YOUR VOTE BE COUNTED"

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
I've been reading about both candidates and looking for the quotes of him saying that "Hunters can buy their meat in stores just like everyone else" and that he wants to sell of state lands to pay for NJ Debts and I have not been able to find either one.Can someone point me in the direction that shows me how he is against hunters,or at least tell me(with proof to back it up). I'm not saying that I am backing Corzine but I'm trying to vote for the best candidate. The one thing that I don't like about Forrester is all his bashing and the fact that he is trying to make WAY too many promises.My mind is still not made up.

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
I kinda figured no response would be the result of my post.

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
The reason you will not find his comments anywhere is they were both were not said in public places or forums.

Corzine's voting record alone on gun control is enough proof for me.

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
Gov contenders in dead heat

By CHARLES WEBSTER
Trentonian
October 11, 2005

TRENTON - Voter support for Jon Corzine evaporated over the summer, with a WNBC/Marist poll released yesterday showing he and Republican Doug Forrester locked in dead heat.

The WNBC/Marist poll showed Forrester with 43 percent support from likely voters to his Democrat opponent’s 44 percent showing.

"It’s a toss up," declared political scientist David Rebovich, director of the Rider University Institute for New Jersey Politics.

Support for Corzine has been steadily diminishing since the first debate held between the two candidates last month.

Forrester has garnered continued support despite being outspent by the Corzine campaign nearly 2-to-1 on television and radio ads. But observers say Forrester has done a better job with getting out his message.

"There have been some very good ads by Forrester - with his wife and the one with Tom Kean that reminded people that he’s a moderate Republican and he can’t be tainted by the Right," Rebovich said.

Corzine has been forced to weather a barrage of scandals in recent months and questions about his private financial dealings, including: forgiving a nearly $500,000 loan to his former galpal, state workers’ union boss Carla Katz; questionable loans totaling over $5.1 million to members of the Black Ministers’ Council; a $15,000 loan to the Education Law Center that has sued the state to fund Abbott School districts, and a pair of Senate ethics complaints.

People are starting to wonder out loud if Corzine is the right guy for the job, Rebovich said.

"There are some people out there still wondering why he’s running for governor," Rebovich said last night in a telephone interview. "As people are hearing more about Jon Corzine there is a certain amount of skepticism - and that shows [in the polls.]"

Corzine has steadily been losing ground since last month when a flurry of polls showed the Democrat slipping.

In a poll released by Quinnipiac University late last month, Forrester trailed Corzine by four points - a four point gain for Forrester over a poll conducted by the Connecticut-based poll the month before. In the Quinnipiac poll voters named taxes and government corruption as the most important issue facing New Jersey.

The WNBC/Marist poll mirrored those findings and revealed that voters believe Forrester is the man to better tackle those problem issues. The poll found that 43 percent of voters identified Forrester as better equipped to reduce property taxes and 41 percent say the Republican is likely to do a better job cleaning up government corruption in the Garden State.

Last week, a Rasmussen Reports poll put the two candidates 7 points apart - a month before the two men were 9 points apart.

On Sunday, a Star Ledger/Eagleton poll showed the two men were 7 points apart - a month before the two were 18 points apart in the same poll.

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
The reason you will not find his comments anywhere is they were both were not said in public places or forums
Well then how were they quoted on here and who heard him say them? Again I'm not a Corzine fan but if I'm going to vote for someone then it is going to be on fact and not on hear say.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
As far as the Gun issues, just look at the Star Ledger from yesterday. Corzcrap is totally against the ownership of firearms, unless you are a criminal. Then you have nothing to worry about. Just look at his voting record in Congress. That alone is enough to make sportsman to take notice.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I posted something on here a couple months ago about corzine. I went to the US Senate website and looked up the voting records for the past couple years. They revolved around different environmental issues such a fuel resources and homeland security. He voted down every bill. He complains about the cost of oil, yet he voted down funding for researching an alterative fuel. He contradicts himself. You can go to the US Senate website and check out his voting record. It speaks for itself.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts