New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be at a gun show in Syracuse in April, and was wondering if a dealer would recognize my NJ FID card for a long gun purchase?

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
depends on the dealer. some do and some don't.

if you find one there that does, he may let you do the paper work for a sale from another dealer there.

being so far away from nj i would doubt it though. they may be able to have a sale done if it's shipped to a ffl dealer in nj.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Buying a gun in NY is no biggie for NJ resident, it's simply an additional form. The dealers near the border all have the form. The larger problem is Syracuse being so distant. That said, it wouldn't surprise me if they just asked for your FID. Guns come and go all over the place by people from all over. If they've been in business a few years, it's unlikely to be a first for them.

·
Registered
58 Posts
A reputable dealers should take it, no problem.

I've had no issues buying shotguns with mine in VT, NH, & ME on various occasions through the years.

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
I try to make all my long gun purchases in NYS, usually at Davis Sport Shop in Sloatsburg.In NYS there is no fee for the NCIS and Davis has an excellent inventory; good prices and knowledgable sales people.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I try to make all my long gun purchases in NYS, usually at Davis Sport Shop in Sloatsburg.In NYS there is no fee for the NCIS and Davis has an excellent inventory; good prices and knowledgable sales people.
+1. I was down there on Sat and spent some time with one helpful guy before they got really busy. I ended up going over to Davis Shooting in Goshen and bought a rifle.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I wanted to buy a long gun last week in conn the guy did not even want to see my fid he said i would have to purchase an out of state hunting license? It was cheaper to have him ship it to my ffl

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Same here. I bought a 700BDL from Davis in Goshen, NY. It was way back in 1998 but it was a very easy transaction and I saved the NJ fee also. One guy that works there now use to work for Paterson (NJ) Rod and Gun I bought my TC New Englander from him when he was there. I forgot his name though. Very helpful staff from my experience.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts