New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
G

·
I read a few years ago that they are protected, looked in the DIGEST and I can't find nothing on them, will make a call to tomorrow.

I also have numerous pictures of the SOB bear that ate my stand, but the pictues are so close all you see is hair, also one picture of a deer I think it's a buck, cause I see the belly and no nipples, but I cant see the head just the eyes and below with a long roman nose.

The camera was pushed down to about 2' above the ground and some damage to the outside casing, must be my new friend MR. BEAR causing me problems, he will have problems come DECEMBER

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Matty and I were talking to a trapper today when we were done hunting. He says he traps quite a few bobcats every year.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
check out the photo gallery under njhunter you'll see my mount from north carolina

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
I have only ever seen one before, When i went hunting in monroe county PA about 5 years ago. Now they have a season for them in PA

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
I saw one in NJ last year, in the spot I took Mike today, and one in Lackawaxen PA about 10 years ago. Neither was as big as what that cat looks to be. COOL PIC by the way![up]

A 50# bobcat? I didnt think they got much over 30 at the largest.[confused]

Yeah Mike, that guy we met today was really cool. He really knew a LOT about every aspect of hunting and nature. I hope he joins up and shares some of his knowledge. A real cool guy, and one heck of a funny story teller! Glad to have met him.[up]

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Thats a BIG bobcat NJ! I loved the story of how you got him too![up]

They typically dont get over 30#. I guess its not impossible to get really big if they are well fed though. I cant picture them getting much over 40# though.[confused]

Even the one in the pic isnt as big as it seems. Look at the leaves in the foreground, and figure they are maybe 8" long. That cat is probably around 25#. Nice and thick though, a definite trophy if you could take him.[cool]

1 - 20 of 31 Posts