New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
October issue of Outdoor Life has an article predicting where the next world record's will come from. When it came to bear, PA was top of the list, followed by Utah and then..."if NJ ever opens a season, the world record will fall within a week."[rofl]
Does NJ need a bear hunt, naah, everyone knows there's no bears in NJ. That's why they keep talking about it![eek]

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
if NJ ever opens a season, the world record will fall within a week."
Could be true. There are some huge bears and we've all seen them. Eventually it will happen.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
if NJ ever opens a season, the world record will fall within a week."
Absolutely agree. Except for not "if" NJ has a bear season but when. Only a matter of time.

·
Registered
12,826 Posts
i seen a monster bear in worthington a couple yrs ago..im guessing close to 600

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
There are some huge bears and we've all seen them.
no we haven't. It was light from Venus refracting off of swamp gas or something.

·
Banned
4,539 Posts
The world record weight for an American black bear is 880 pounds. This was the recorded weight of a 10.75 year-old male bear shot in North Carolina in November 1998.

A black bear was hit and killed by a car near Winnipeg Canada, in 2001. The official recorded weight was 856.5 pounds, but it is estimated that the live weight of this large male was more than 886 pounds. The driver was not injured and there appeared to be little damage to the Mazda.

An 805-pound male American black bear was shot in Manitoba Canada, and in Pennsylvania males fairly consistently reach the record weight of 800+ pounds.

·
Registered
8,185 Posts
not if they only have the season during six day. most of the bigger ones will be hibernating.
I disagree. Mostly the pregnant females den up early. I've seen boars most years in Sparta (northwest NJ) during the 6 day season. In really cold years you may be correct, but most years our bears never fully den except those w/cubs. They are out on warm days even in Jan. and Feb.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts