New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not in NJ papers???

Bear attacks man, takes sandwich
July 1, 2009 times herald-record, middletown, n.y.

SUSSEX, N.J. — A man was attacked by a black bear Friday in the driveway of his Sussex home.
Police say Henry Rouwendeal, 51, reported that while packing his car for a business trip to New Hampshire, he was suddenly knocked down and rolled over by a 300 to 400 pound black bear.
He had the trunk open and a sandwich in the trunk and the bear grabbed the sandwich. Rouwendeal said he kicked the bear and it ran to the rear of his home. Rouwendeal was unable to move for about an hour but then managed to get inside and wake his wife, a registered nurse who treated him.
He sustained a large cut to his left temple and a several heavy bruises on his knee, elbow and buttocks.
Officers found the sandwich wrapper and remains of the sandwich at the side of the house.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Looks like Times Herald-Record is the only one that has the story.[confused] Haven't seen it in any of the NJ papers...hmmm? Can you say "cover-up"?

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Good job bloodtrails. I posted the article in the nj.com environmental forum, the anti's like to hang out there. Also checked and posted it in the Sussex and Vernon Forums so Mrs. Kehoe and her band of merry idiots can comment on it.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
The state is absolutely NEGLIGENT in the handling of black bears in NJ.
C'mon, it was the guys's fault he wasn't wearing his bear proof suit![eyeroll][eyeroll]

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
not that i want to see anyone attacked but this is perfect timing since kehoe and other anti's have been writing to the daily record the past few days about their (daily record's)own editorial saying that bears should not be hunted.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
It's all Mr. Rouwendeal's fault, if he had packed his car the night before this would never had happened.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Thanks to Jims (who I think still can't log onto the forum, moderators!) He finds all of them!
Jim Stabile?

Mods can't do anything about him not being able to log in. I think the best Kris can do is send him a new temporary password and then he can change it when he logs in. All information is encrypted so Admin doesn't know passwords and can't retrieve them.

If it's another issue with login, he'll still need to contact Kris.

Has he tried to contact him yet?

[email protected]

For now he could create a new screen name and login.

And I'm not surprised this didn't see the light of day in NJ newspapers.

If you have a bear problem it's probably best to just SSS at this point. State obviously doesn't give two s--ts! [ninja]

·
Registered
957 Posts
I sent a e-mail to the NJ Herald THE paper os Sussex County . Why this was not in the paper. THIS HAS to get out[mad]

·
Registered
8,185 Posts
Was the bear from PA or NY state? Our Governor tells us that all the bears in NJ come from those two states and you can believe him because he's a politician[wallmad]

1 - 20 of 60 Posts