New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 272 Posts

·
Registered
13,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There are a couple of different threads going but I figured I would see if we could keep info and dates contained on this one. When purchasing through an FFL in NJ that we are hearing from dealers is that there is no longer a phone number to be called into State Police and that everything must be faxed. I was told at my purchase that the SP are no longer doing it and that it is a private company. What company? I dont know that's what we should try and figure out. It seems to be at least 3-4 day wait, a few guys speculated that NJ has made a waiting period by using a third party. I read another guy say that he would drive 30 mins across the border to buy his firearms and I dont blame him.

I'd like to see if we can get a list of dates submitted and dates approved, if you chose you can to say if it was a long arm or pistol. If you dont want to post anything dont. Include if you have called your FFL to check on the status of your NICS. NJ2AS might be able to shed some light on this. For a system that is supposed to be "instant" it doesnt feel that way.

Long arm.

3/1 NICS submitted -- 3/6 NICS approved

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Friday 3/8 -

Not complaining I'm still waiting I understand but just posting it so I can update it. It's fax only and ill see if I can ask what the company doing it is called. It's a repeatable FFL so we'll see.

Good idea nj gunner!

·
Registered
512 Posts
I'd like to try and get as much info as possible on this thread including dates and what was purchased.
How about NO!!!!!

Submit date
Approval date that's it!!!!

What are you trying to do??? Register our guns??? This is exactly what we're fighting!!! That's more info then what NICS gets!!!
Remember all they know is long gun or handgun. I understand what your trying to do, but all you'll get from me is dates.

·
Registered
13,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
How about NO!!!!!

Submit date

What are you trying to do??? Register our guns??? This is exactly what we're fighting!!! That's more info then what NICS gets!!!
Remember all they know is long gun or handgun. I understand what your trying to do, but all you'll get from me is dates.
[drinking]

Im actually in contact with the NJ2AS and if I could present information to them that would give them an average idea of wait times it might help change things. You didnt even provide dates and you dont have to. Do you think anything bad will come from compiling some dates from a hunting website??? I would be more concerned with some third party that apparently has taken the place of the SP in regards to NICS.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I'd like to try and get as much info as possible on this thread including dates and what was purchased.How about NO!!!!!

Submit date

[rofl]

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Yea I giggle, njgunner is trying to help people out and the Reggie thinks gunner is after his guns. Why wouldn't I laugh at someone making a fool outta themselves and jumping to conclusions. If I'm a on unemployment and a loon for laughing so be it,but I wasn't putting down gunners idea. And if Reggie was kidding and didnt jump to conclusions like that for real , then it was pretty damn funny how upset you got over it.

·
Registered
512 Posts
:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:
You guys are all a bunch of over reacting nuts.
I was busting njgunners balls.
Not 5 minutes after my post I got a text from him.
Some of us actually know each other in the REAL World. Not just in the fantasy world of NJH!!!
Get a grip fellas!!!

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
^^ I though you were kidding Reggie, that was too much of an overreaction and jump to conclusions to be serious, well I hope....[up]

1 - 20 of 272 Posts