New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
11,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from an estimate in Denville and I saw a great looking 9 point off of Zeek Rd. He stood in this field for 15 minutes 20 yards from my car! Talk about getting the blood pumping 2 days before the opener!!!!! I can't wait!![up]

·
Premium Member
8,616 Posts
I just lucked out and accessed a private honey hole in denville. i'm expecting to be out there tomorrow afternoon and all day saturday. i'm dying to get out there - the guy who owns the property told me he sees monster deer every time he visits his tract. Jersey Jim, do you have any experiences hunting the area? tom

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'm sure you would anyway, but be double sure of being legal in all aspects.

Denville police have a reputation of being hard [no swearing please] punks, especially with out-of-towners.

And, maybe you've heard of Denville's animal control officer ..... Meredith Petrillo. She's an animal rights lunatic. Extreme anti. A real animal rights nazi...she goes off on rides with the nj spca, in her uniform, to har [no swearing please] people around the state. When a bear was struck by a truck on Rt46 and was dragging itself around by its front legs because his hindquarters were all busted up, and [email protected] gave Denville police permission to kill it, she stopped them and let the poor bear suffer for 24 hours as she tried to "save the bear." I guess she, stu, linda, angie, etc were trying to get a hospital or someplace to take this bear and save its life. Nut cases! Like an ambulance was going to take this 400 pound bear to St Clare's emergency room! Or maybe they tried to get the Mercy helicopter and fly the bear to the Trauma Center in Newark! Meanwhile, the bear is laying along side RT46 for 24 hours, with just its head hidden in a small bush, the rest of him exposed, because he can hardly move. Finally, the Denville police took control from the crazy bitch, and killed the bear.

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Yeah avoid HER at all costs. She is the definition of a Cee U Next Tuesday. I have a friend that lived in Denville and he had to go to court for cruelty charges as he failed to bring his dog inside for 3 consecutive days. You ask why this is a crime? Ms. Petrillo stated in the summons that the dog was not provided shelter from the eliments. It was June for pete sake and had not rained in 2 weeks!!!!!!!!

She is a real A-hole so be carefull hunting in Denville as you may end up in court instead.

·
Premium Member
8,616 Posts
I have permission from the owner to hunt the property, I have the appropriate zone permit, I have looked on "The Official Website for Denville" and I found no ordinances against hunting. Is there anything else I need to check or know about? I obviously don't want to end up in hot water. Your info is greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I shot my first Jersey buck in Denville. We know a guy that owns 40 acres that borders the resevoir land. Tough hunting but the deer are there.

·
Premium Member
8,616 Posts
BobM, two quick question: (i) I assume it is perfectly legal to hunt in Denville with the proper permit and permission from private land owner, (ii) is a zone 13 or zone 36 permit required? I would be south of rt 10.

·
Premium Member
8,616 Posts
bump

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
When I hunted in Denville it was Zone 6. We hunted north of Rts 80/46.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.