New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is interested in hunting Moose in NH, I have the permit applications and book and would be happy to mail them top you. Deadline is the end of May.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I'm interested also check out www.milleroutdoors.com. I'm writing an article for his online magazine. Chris Miller is a good guy. He lives in NH and is a full time guide/outdoorsmen. I'm trying to get myself in the same position in life. Enjoying what I do. VT also has a permit for moose out and they just increased the amount. You have a better chance at getting a permit in these state then Maine. Same type of Moose.

Till our trails cross,

WW

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I may even sell the house and move north and work with him. Start my own thing. The more I research the more this state bugs me. There are a few good people(you guys sound good), but the majority are A$$holes. I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle at times.

Till our trails cross,
WW

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Season is usually mid October for 9 days. I believe it is a 10 dollar application fee. If you are one of the chosen ones it is then 100 bucks plus NH out of State liscence. They typically draw mid-June. You have to attend a weekend seminar usually held in August. I haven't read it yet. But that is what it used to be. Success rates have ranged from 75 to 95% depending on the year. They typically issue about 500 permits. If they hold the weekend seminar in Concord, that is about a 5 hr ride from Bergen County ( Hackensack area).

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just finished reading it. 10 app fee. 300.00 out of state if you are drawn in addition to a non-resident hunting.

E-mail me your address if you want application books. e-mail to [email protected]

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Not to burst bubbles, but I recall it being very hard to get drawn.

I have alot of family up in NH, my cousin killed a moose a few years back. I have an article on it, something about it was important. It may have been the first moose in years or something...I dont remember. My Aunt killed one too, but that was with her new car, which was no longer new, and not really a car afterwards.

Anywho, BEST of luck drawing those tags fella's. If I can find the time, Im gonna try to get up there and bowhunt some bruins one of these coming years. You all should look into that too. Lots of bears.

Have a good one---Matt:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts