New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
stories like this just piss me off. he's a law abiding citizen, he thwarted a robbery in progress and he catches grief for it? unbelievable.. Hopefully the township will do the right thing

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Out is in...Up is Down....Right is Wrong....This is the Police State we are closer and closer to living in. This man APREHENDED A CRIMINAL. And yet HE is being treated like the Criminal. These types of things are happening more and more and will soon, IMO reach the tipping point where honest, law-abiding citizens have had enough. This is truly sickening. [down]

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
He was arrested for firing his gun into the ground? So, if he shot the burglar, would he have been off the hook? [wallmad] I do not understand this at all.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
from the article...
.....County Attorney Tom Velardi told Foster's Daily Democrat he will review the case and determine if the charge against Fleming is appropriate under the state statutes regarding self-defense and defense of property...
More like...
.....County Attorney Tom Velardi told Foster's Daily Democrat he will review the case and determine if the charge against Fleming is easily prosecuted to increase his conviction rate.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Charges should be dropped immediately, his property (guns) returned to him, and the officer/DA who filed the charges fired.

Why can't we be governed by Common Sense anymore???

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
I can not imagine what would happen to this guy if it was in N.J.
Pretty much the same thing would happen to him. But in NJ, the criminal would be suing this guy for 'bullying' and 'mental abuse'. And then get a monthly pay check from the state, for being unfit to work.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
You don't have to imagine, he'd be locked up.
Sounds like the burglar was unarmed. In this state he'd be facing several charges.[down]

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Why can't we be governed by Common Sense anymore???
Because the more Liberals in your Society, the LESS common sense allowed. This is PC Liberal Bullshit, unchecked. [down][down]

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
It happened here a few years ago.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts