New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
14,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tom and I went to set up on a gobbler we heard sounding off this morning but before we could get to where we wanted to go. Tom stopped me and said "Hold it!!.. Theres a deer down there" We froze, Not wanting to spook the deer and have it run into the woods that the gobbler was roosted in, As we watched the doe, she started running towards us. Thats when we noticed the RedFox she was chaseing. We watched the show for about 3 or 4 minutes as she kept trying to run the Fox away from the fawn that must have been there somewhere! The Fox would circle back to a certain area and she would chase it away !
Long story short...The Gobbler didn't co-operate with us and we moved on to work several other gobblers, At one point, I had a LongBeard in my sites but Tom didn't have it on camera so I didn't shoot.
Tom had to go to work so I contiuned hunting. I hit a couple other locations then returned to do battle with the three long beards we had worked earlier in the morning, Hopeful that the hens may have left them...I found them strutting in the field for the same two 'chicks'. As I watched them. displaying I relized where they were headed and I did an 'end around' and got to the general area before them.. I sat down and just hit the call lighty every once in a while for about 15 minutes. Finally I saw a Full Fan comeing up over the horizon! Gun Up!...2 Minutes later I was looking down the gun barrel at three long beards. When they got to about 35 yards I dusted the Strutter!
Another awesome morning in the Turkey Woods ! [up]

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
another great story and pic. thank you for giving us great stories and pics throughout your season. you are a great hunter and it really shows. congrats again on your bird[up]

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Speechless Mike, you continue to leave me speechless :D Congratulations again to the only guy who seems to be able to find and get these boys on such a regular basis. You really are amazing [up]

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Hey Mike, How many hours will TURKEY TALES Vol 3 be w/ all the great birds you guys took this season????? it's going to be tough to edit. Maybe TURKEY TALES Vol 3 part 1 & 2 ?

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Its going to be Turkey Tales 3 1/2 with all the birds you guys are killing!!!![hihi]

GG is the MASTER of the turkey woods.[drinking]

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
[up][up][up][up][up][up][up][up][up][up][up][up][up][up. Count them GG. I have no words for how good you are. I think people should also realize that even though you take allot of gobblers in a season, you actually do it every turkey season not just this one. I know from hunting with you and Tom that besides being the "top producer" in the state of New Jersey your success is earned. Not only do you probably personally account for the pay check for at least one state employee through you purchase of turkey permits, you also are sure to hunt in several different zones and on many different properties. As a result, your over all number of turkeys taken has very little if any impact on the state turkey population. This is further confirmed by the fact that the zones you are hunting in all have lots of unsold permits from this year. That being said I commend you and your efforts this season but remind you you still have one day left to hunt so I AM EXPECTING to read a post tomorrow that you and Tom have scored one last time. Best of Luck![rofl]

1 - 20 of 40 Posts