New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was shown a new piece of public land that the State purchased. It is not posted very well since it is mostly moutain and they haven't climbed up to post it.I want to make sure Im 100% legal.
Question is where can I get information on maps of newly aquired properties. Is there someone I can call? Thanks.
PS: I killed a Doe there today >>>--->

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Figure out what township it is in and head over to the tax office[up]

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
the town tax office should have it unless it spans more than one town. if so you might have to go to the cunty or go to both township tax offices. The ladies at my local tax office are pretty helpful[up]

btw, if you give me the township and road i can go to the tax office, look at the map and then report back to you so you dont have to drive all the way there:D

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
PM me the address and I'll find out all the info I need...I mean you need.[rofl]

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what piece is it? off what road?
I hope your kidding. I do alot of leg work and 1000s of miles of driving to find these places. I'll be damned if i share it on a public web site.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
no no no im not looking to hunt it im looking to help ya find maps. Im familiar with a few obscure WMAS. I would not expect anyone to reveal secret spots online. hell I gave someone that lecture about duck spots. check ur pm's

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no no no im not looking to hunt it im looking to help ya find maps. Im familiar with a few obscure WMAS. I would not expect anyone to reveal secret spots online. hell I gave someone that lecture about duck spots. check ur pm's
PM returned

·
Registered
861 Posts
I have found that morris county and sussex county have good tax maps searches that include aerial photo of parcels. Just do a google search for whatever county you're in and see what comes up.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
I hope your kidding. I do alot of leg work and 1000s of miles of driving to find these places. I'll be damned if i share it on a public web site.
Then why should a public web site help you?

·
Registered
383 Posts
secret PUBLIC land
You'd be surprised, if the State doesn't post it, or doesn't post it well or doesn't post it for a year or two after acquiring there really are some secret honey holes. Had one in Zone 10, got my biggest buck at this small piece (just down from the Owl's Nest) but soon too many guys caught on and ruined it. The problem is many of the places just aren't big enough to hold the number of guys that want to hunt them.

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
secret PUBLIC land? Your kidding right?
At least for now. Only saw 1 stand 100 yards from where I parked. I walked 1/2 mile back and not 1 stand was seen. Except for some old rotten wooden stands.

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
If it's public then DEP etc. HAS to tell you about it. Get a geographic coordinate and a description and use Google Earth.

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
[up]JR just stop by the jefferson town hall. They have a Map of that piece. its 1100 acres-nice property too

·
Registered
957 Posts
It was in the papper up by me in the summer. It's not a secret sorry to say

1 - 20 of 32 Posts