New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sort of found this site accidentally, via a link from another forum. Been reading posts for about 2 hours now, and I think I found what I am looking for in a hunting forum. Good topics, good discussions, and good people, my kind of place, seems to be pretty free of damn liberals too. I am originally from north Jersey, Passaic & Sussex counties, now in Ocean county at the central Jersey shore as of about a little over a year ago. Single Dad with 2 kids who are into hunting and fishing also. Anyways, just wanted to say hello, and say it certainly seems like a super site.
Sincerely,
Garry

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Welcome Garry. No libs here. You'll have a good time. I guess that is obvious if you have been reading posts for 2 hours.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all. Mack, my son is 18, daughter is 16, daughter will be taking her hunter safety course this year, and hopefully start hunting this coming fall. She's a pretty good shot with both rifle & shotgun, and since she was 6 years old, had no problem taking a limit of trout, she can out fish most men I know, even her Dad a lot of times.
Sincerely,
Garry

*PS, and since it is just about New Years, Happy New Year everyone, and may it ba a happy, healthy, and prosperous New Year for everyone.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks again. I'm in Brick Carlo, used to be in Vernon Widow. Only been down here for a little over a year Tommy, and seem to have the same problem everyone else has, trying to find a decent place to hunt. In an ideal world, I'd like to find some private property, but doesn't look like it's an ideal world. I want to find a place where it's safe for the kids, and not overrun with hunters. I'm open to any suggestions if anyone has any for the Ocean county area. I don't want to travel to Vernon, but will if I have to. We were kind of spoiled up there, used to hunt deer with bow & arrow right in the back yard, and there was watershed property to hunt up there, with almost no competition. Widow, my daughter is very enthused, she's an accomplished fisherman, as I said, and owns 7 guns, shotgun, slug gun, muzzle loader and centerfire rifles, and 22.
I know there's some good deer down here, my son knows a small section of woods in Brick, where he's seen an 8, 9, and 11 pointer, however, you can't hunt in Brick. We also found a road kill last fall on a side street off of Route 70 in Lakewood, right by the Home Depot, the buck was a 9 pointer, and scored 127 3/8's B&C. Thanks again, and any suggestions as to where to hunt, I am all ears.
Sincerely,
Garry

·
Registered
971 Posts
Garry -
I also live in Brick, have been here about 9 years, in Sailor's Quay, about 1/4 mile south of the Red Lion Inn. I haven't hunted since living here and I too am looking for a place to bow hunt next fall. I have been scouting in Manchester and Colliers Mills WMAs.

Welcome to the board. I have found this site and the great people on it very helpful.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Wink
Colliers Mills is the place to go I hunted there for over 15 years and the group of us killed many great bucks. The woods are large and not crowded during the bow season. But it takes some getting use to, its different than most other areas in the state, but it does hold some large bucks. check out my site-
www.rgswildlifetaxidermy.com
Thanks
Rich

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.