New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to introduce myself to the site. Liked what I've seen and decided to register. A little intro...I'm the president of the Cranford Rod and Gun Club with leased property (150 acres)in Long Valley and just got back from fluking on my boat in Raritan Bay (Ton of shorts). Love to deer hunt (Bow/gun) and waterfowl as much as possible. Great Site. Ray

·
11,226 Posts
Welcome to the boards Ray!![up] Glad to hear you like what you see here! We have a great group here so far and it's only going to get better as the site grows. Be sure to tell all your friends..:D ..Enjoy.. Jim

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Welcome Ray! I was on Flocktown rd. The other night & seen a monster buck headed to your side of the road. He was going in the main driveway before your parking area.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the welcome. BobR, we see a few large bucks every year at the beginning of the bow season and then they disapear until the rut. It's a matter of which backyard they are hiding in! Do you have anything to do with Old Barn? If so, we should meet up to touch base on the clubs. Titus, yes we are from Union County. In fact we just had a fishing derby at Nomahegan park in Cranford for 60 kids last weekend. Ray

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
welcome ray

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Ray;
I'm the care taker for the Long valley club. Meet you down by the stream where the bucks cross the powerline. You know where I mean. Rigt where one of my OLD stands hangs, LOL.
They keep building along your road frontage. You must be getting blocked in with the 450 ft safety zone. What's going to happen to your parking lot? Are you going to use Skinner's driveway?
Those big bucks were the ones we drove out of Burd's & benett's swamp from across the road. We lost Burd's farm because of the new school.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Welcome Neighbor, I live in Roselle. If you ever want to hook up either for fishing or hunting, give me a shout. I fish out of Atlantic Highlands marina, boat name is PAPI

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BobR,
We lost some frontage on Flocktown with the new houses but the parking lot was not sold so the owner has the ability to access the back portion of the property. We lease all the way to Jones Lane, so the new houses didn't impact us too bad. Actually, the deer seem to bed behind the houses....a perfect no gun drive set up. Powerline bucks, are you talking about the "Buck Stops Here Stand"?. Great area, especially when the pressure is on. I'm not familiar with Burd and Bennetts swamp. Is that behind the houses across from our parking lot?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
El Jefe,
Thanks for the welcome, and we are also neighbors in Atlantic Highlands. I'm on Franks Pier #9 "My Girls", 20 ft. Grady. Fluking Saturday and Sunday. I'll keep an eye out and stop by. Ray

1 - 17 of 17 Posts