New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys? I'm going to be a new hunter this year and most likely will hunt zone 9. Does anyone know any hunting spots in this zone? I'm not asking to give me your spot but lets say like a reference....preferably around the Mount Olive area. Thanks and wish me luck!

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Find some public ground & scout, scout, scout… or knock on some doors and ask for permission. Some good members on here that you might be able to tag along with or show you some ropes. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
4,189 Posts
Its basically deer Mecca. I know where you can go. PM me for details, but your not going to be alone on any public ground. Theres a lot of hunting in a small area here.

Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am also new to hunting zone 9 (and the state of NJ for that matter). It looks like Black River WMA is the only public land available for hunting. My experience hunting public land in NY was awful. Tons of irresponsible, inconsiderate hunters packed into a few small areas. Does anyone have any experience in Black River? I'm hoping it is not the same. I also do not want to piss anyone off if there are any common pitfalls of the area to avoid. Any advice appreciated

·
Premium Member
4,189 Posts
One follow up question on Black River: does anyone know if climber tree stands are allowed?
Yes they are allowed, anything thats not permanent is permitted. Black river is not the only property that is huntable in zone 9 publicly. Black river is ok for deer hunting its pretty big if you walk way back in down towards the powerlines. There are always going to be guys driving it from 6 day through permit season though. If you bow hunt it early you will probably have a good size area to yourself. Now Pheasant season in there is pretty much insane, no point in attempting to deer hunt then unless your down on or below the powerlines, the upper field areas are mobbed. There is a lot of town properties that are also open to hunt. As well as county properties that you can get a permit to hunt on. You have to do some research.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts