New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new state record Northern Pike was caught. Fish weighed 30lbs 8.5 ozs. I do not know the length. Caught from Pompton Lake.

Info from a div employee at the Lebanon Lab..

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Wow[eek] Thats a big Pike!

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
[eek] damn nice fish

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
I've fished there a few times before though not for Pike. Would love to know the details of the catch.

The state record Black Crappie also came out of Pompton Lake.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Yup and the picture you will see of it was in front of Monksville resivior near the trees but guess where it really came out of.. I'm sure someone has to know besides me...
Was that because you couldn't legally fish Monksville when the fish was caught?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Was that because you couldn't legally fish Monksville when the fish was caught?
Your getting closer.. It came out of a private lake in Wayne... No private lakes can enter the books to my belief... OR he wasn't allowed to fish the lake and got nervous. The fish was taken from Pines Lake in Wayne. Submitted as being caught in Pompton Lake but pictures were taken at Monksville.

·
Registered
8,185 Posts
State record fish can come out of private lakes. My Mom grew up on Pines Lake and my grandparents lived lakefront until their deaths in the late 80s. Great fishing in that lake!!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.