New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After shooting at the range with Tommy and realizing the negative impacts of the cheap release they gave me with my bow when I bought it, I went online last night and ordered a scott's archery release.

Do I need to adjust the bow now in case the release length is any longer or shorter than the old one?

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
You may have to make a length change but you should be okay.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Most the Scotts releases can be adjusted themselves.
Either by shortening the strap, or adjusting the barell. Also if you are shooting a loop, you can play with the loop size to make the fit feel perfect.

I have a short draw to begin with, so I shorten up the release aids I use quite a bit. I use a Jim Dandy, and a Copper John Eagle (4 finger).

Which Scott Archery Release did you get?

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Drome...You will like the mongoose...I shoot a little goose wich is basicly the same release..You can shorten the body of the release and or the wrist strap...So it has a good deal of adjustablitly...It is also a single caliper release and the jaws are small so you can use a smaller D-loop and be able to hook the release up quickly

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
long story but my bow didnt come with a release loop, it has two br [no swearing please] looking things crimped to the string that I hook the release in between.

I'm not to keen on the workings of a bow yet but im sure one of these days I'll add the d-loop etc.

Dennis

1 - 6 of 6 Posts