New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone:

I have been reading the posts on this website for several months, and am very impressed with all of the knowledge here. I wanted to introduce myself. I live in Blairstown, NJ, and recently moved back here from NC. I was born and raised in Blairstown, and was gone for 9 years for college and the Marine Corps. It is great to be back in the area, and I have been fishing the Paulinskill and Flatbrook lately, as well as a few other small creeks and streams. Looking forward to fish and hunt NJ again. Even after hunting/fishing MD, Virginia, and NC for a few years, there is still nothing like NJ for me. I am looking forward to talking to all of you and learning as much as I can.

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
Welcome to the site and back to NJ. A Marine huh? Nice, Semper Fi. My brother was in the Corps for 4 years, did a couple tours of Iraq, that was a tough time for the family, but thanks for what you do!! [up][up]

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
MCB Camp Lejune, NC 1988 through 1990, RLT6, 6th Marines, Camp Geiger, NC 1990. Welcome

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Welcome, Thanks for the service, if you ever want to hit some of my trout spots send me a pm.

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
Thanks for the time you spent in the service[up]

·
Registered
747 Posts
Grew up in Blairstown? Maybe you can show a city boy some of those little creeks! [hihi][hihi] I've used that gunsmith in Blairstown for a couple things. KrisCraft ??, something like that. Nice guy.

Glad to see another vet/active forum member. Quite a few here, I think.

coot
US Army 3rd Rangers

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah I am very familiar with all of the fishing in Blairstown and throughout the Delaware Water Gap area. I actually live about 2.5 miles from Old Mine Road in Millbrook Village, so I am familiar with the streams/rivers/lakes up there. Yeah Kris Kraft is the only gunsmith in the area that I know of. Anytime you want to see some of the creeks up here let me know.

Mike

·
Premium Member
14,409 Posts
micarbonaro,
Welcome and thankyou for your service to our great nation also thanks for your perspective on "Comming home to NJ" (I came back 35 years ago and many times feel it was one of the biggest mistakes I ever made, was I right or wrong?).As for staying here I'm sure the tax man loves you for it! :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.