New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my GirlFriends brother just bought a house and i went out there today and choped a nice 3 ft wide trail for about 60-70 yards found a nice tree that has a few small peices of wood still nailed to it from who ever built a tree stand there years and years ago. He said about an hour after i left a few doe came walking down the trail. I want to put the stand up and bait it how long should i wait before starting to hunt it? Btw im a young hunter under 18 and am still trying to learn Thanks

·
Registered
431 Posts
...Good luck, sounds like you might have a good spot there!...

Anthony:)

·
Banned
69 Posts
Forget the bait if the doe are there hang the stand and sit it when you are done hanging it. First sit is the best!

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Sometimes those old stand sites are the best ,probably an old gun hunter . Someone did your homework for you . I would watch my scent ,check the wind and put up your portable and sit it . See what is going on . You could bait it they will come in a day or two ,but why bait if they already coming through . Good Luck

·
Registered
844 Posts
at this point don't bait …try to be as quite and sneaky and set your stand …you already have deer there…see what happens for a day or two and then figure out where to set the bait ..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts