New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
11,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Jersey Sportsmen Urged to Attend Hearing for Sunday Bowhunting Bill

A New Jersey bill to allow limited Sunday hunting needs sportsmen’s support.

Senate Bill 2475, introduced by Sen. Stephen Sweeney, D-Bridgeton, would allow Sunday bowhunting. The bill was referred to the Senate Committee on Environment where it is scheduled for a hearing on June 16. New Jersey sportsmen should attend the hearing to support the bill.

Senate Bill 2475 is a companion bill to Assembly Bill 3736, which was introduced by Assemblyman Robert Smith, D-Turnersville. It overwhelmingly passed the Assembly Committee on Agriculture and Natural Resources with four favorable votes and one abstention. Assembly Bill 3736 awaits a vote on the Assembly floor.

Currently, 39 states permit Sunday hunting while 11 states prohibit or heavily restrict it. Sunday hunting provides an additional day in the field, which can be a great opportunity for sportsmen and sportswomen who work during the week.

Take Action! New Jersey sportsmen should plan to attend the Senate Environment Committee hearing at 10 AM on Thursday, June 16. The meeting will be in Committee Room 10 on the 3rd floor of the Annex at the state capitol.

If you cannot attend the committee meeting, contact the Environment Committee members and your senator by phone to ask for support of SB 2475. To contact your senator, call (609) 292-4840 or use the Legislative Action Center at www.ussportsmen.org.

Members of the Senate Environment Committee:

Bob Smith, D-Piscataway - Chair (609) 292- 5339

Stephen Sweeney, D-Bridgeton -Vice Chair (609) 292- 5215

John Adler, D-Cherry Hill - (609) 292-5215

Andrew Ciesla, R-Brick - (609) 292-5199

Henry McNamara, R-Wyckoff - (609) 292-5199

The U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance protects the rights of hunters, anglers and trappers in the courts, legislatures, at the ballot, in Congress and through public education programs. For more information about the U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance and its work, call (614) 888-4868 or visit its website, www.ussportsmen.org.

·
3,413 Posts
I'll be there...YOU KNOW IT!!!!

·
3,413 Posts
Jack
Artie
Rob
Kurt

Will be there too.

·
3,413 Posts

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Raptor[down],whats your reason?Could it be greed?Could it be that Sunday isnt your only day off to hunt like a lot of guys? NOT COOL.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I like the fact that I can get out in the woods on Sunday and look around without worrying about scaring what few deer we have left into another hunter waiting just over the property line. I also like to bring my family into the woods with me and I chose Sunday to do that. I understand why guys want to hunt Sundays. There were many years that sunday was the only day I had off. I wished I could hunt Sunday then!:(

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
Well I guarantee that the antis will print out Raptors post and bring it up at the hearing and Stuie will be saying"see there are even hunters that don't want Sunday bowhunting"...way to stick by your brother hunters Raptor,keep up the good work. I see that you're one of those guys that live by the saying "Hoo-ray for me....screw you"... Thanks

·
Registered
177 Posts
I was thinking about this post on the way home today. I was thinking about the guys that work all week long and have no real chance to spend time doing what they want to do most. Hunt.
I think they should have the same opportunity that hunters have in the 36 other states that allow Sunday hunting.
My comment was made without thinking it through[sad]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts