New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. This will be my second season of hunting (no deer harvested yet, but shot 1 and didn't find until weeks later). I bow hunt (just upgraded to crossbow) and I'm preparing for the new season. I recently also switched to ground blind because I cannot borrow the equipment from last year to this year. Also because of the security of it. My question is to all the ground blind bow hunters is this.
1. Can I bring my blind with me on the day of my hunt or do I have to set it up days before?
2. Tips of ground blind hunting.
3. Any other useful info
4. How can you tell if a mesh is a shoot-through mesh. I bought this blind used and the question didn't come up.

I hope I can bring the blind with me on the day of my hunt because I do not want to "donate" it and I'll be hunting in an area where a lot of stand have been stolen and I'm really stretching the dollar this year as it is. Oh, if it helps my ground blind is a pop up. I can supply any other information if it helps me get answers. Thanks a lot.

Little Doe
()_()
lo ol
l_o_l

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
If you are hunting private land, you csn leave your blind up, but make sure you break up the outline with some brush[up]

If the mesh is shoot through, it is normally very thin, what kind od modle/make is it. than i can tell you for sure

·
Premium Member
10,068 Posts
Before you do anything, practice shooting your crossbow out of the blind before you get in the woods. Gain the confidence with your equipment and your shooting.

Do a search on you tube for hunting out of a blind or visit some crossbow sites as well.

Best of luck this season. [up]

·
Registered
8,527 Posts
yes you can bring the blind in with you every day

be sure to bruch it in but dont destroy the area tryign to brush it in sometimes less is more

practice out of the blidn bfore you hunt with it

set it up just as if you were setting up a tree stand down wind from trails funnels food sources bedding etc etc.

if you bow hunting during a gun season put an orange cap/vest on the blind so people dont shoot you.

3. Any other useful info
Get a real bow...[ko]

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
i just ordered a blind from cabelas, i hope its better then the last 2 i had, too small and built like crap. In the right spot blinds are awesome, good luck this year and remember to post pics.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
i hunt from a ground blind two and its nice to be able to carry it no problem.. what i would do is go to your spot where you are going to set up your blind and make some sort of natral blind not to much but so the deer would get used to it then when you go put your blind up then cover it with some brush,, also practice sitting down shooting
Good Luck[up]

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i just ordered a blind from cabelas, i hope its better then the last 2 i had, too small and built like crap. In the right spot blinds are awesome, good luck this year and remember to post pics.
I dont think ill have a problem. I already popped it up in my backyard. if anything it very big, but if my dad were to use it. it would be a little small. again. im little doe.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Welcome to the site LittleDoe. Good luck with the crossbow this season, but don't be too quick to give up on the compound either. I am only 5'4" and weigh 113 lbs. Last year I was only pulling 35 lbs and killed deer with my bow, so pulling light weight and killing deer is not an impossibility, you just need to be proficient in your shots. Again, welcome aboard and good luck :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts