New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I just recently passed NJ Huntders Ed course, planning on attending the field day soon. I am a new old hunter, unfortunately none of my close friends hunt.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what area are you from? might find someone that will help you out
I am in Bergen. I am actually going to post on the other forum as well, willing to spend the next season just helping another hunter out with video/etc, nothing like learning the ropes by observing someone else.

·
Registered
8,036 Posts
I am in south Jersey but I can tell you there are some good people on both sites someone will help you out. Getting in the woods as much as possible helps but some basics will make that time more productive. I hunt with the wind in my favor as well as major attempts at scent control. Find trails get down wind and sit and watch. Dont try to get too close its like a chess game long term no one shot and your done ( most of the time)

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Bait helps a lot for hunting and also just for seeing what's in the area. Put a camera up over bait where you want to hunt before the season.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Also if you don't hunt that often put the bait down to keep them in the area. Go after work or before work a couple of times during the week.`

·
Registered
18 Posts
Congrats!! I'm a new hunter myself (1 week of spring gobbler 2021) going to fall turkey up here in Sussex County. Trying to figure out if I'm going to turkey zone 2, 5, or 4:unsure:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts