New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for a little advice. I haven't had any luck finding daylight movement since six-day. I know that deer spend a lot of time in the thick stuff this time of year. What are the main food sources this time of year? I'm hunting public lands in zone 8 and there are cornfields, lawns, and old fields around. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Man its tough out there this time of year. Try putting out some bait and go from there. We had pretty good daytime movement last week during Muzzy. Looking forward to shotgun this Saturday.

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
if you can find a stand of oaks that still has acorns on the ground other then that browse is what thier eating if theirs still some corn standing in your field that should be good aswell you should be able to see what is being browsed you will see it being nibbled down compared to other plants

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks folks. Acorns have been pretty scarce around me. Corn near my pots were harvested. Any chance they're still finding loose corn?

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
look for the fields that still have GREEN in them . with the warmer weather the deer around Hunterdon county are staying on the grass fields longer than ever.

North sides of many fields are getting daily growth that the deer are hitting pretty regular

1 - 6 of 6 Posts