New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I am a 19 year old new hunter, and the first in my family interested in hunting. I already own my firearms, have all the required licenses, and most of the gear I think I will need. I have a good attitude and am an ambitious learner. I have a lot of respect for firearms and their potential dangers, so I will be taking safety seriously. The last thing anyone wants when hunting is a bullet wound... Anyway, I plan to hunt for turkey, deer, waterfowl, and occasionally small game. I enjoy learning from people who know what they are doing and find that the best teacher is experience. I plan to go on a turkey hunt this Friday and would like to have a partner there to teach me how to properly go about this endeavor. Also, if anyone would be willing to take me out on a deer or waterfowl hunt I would be glad to discuss it with you. Thank you and happy hunting!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I never put much thought into pheasant hunting, that sounds fun. I'll look into it a bit then DM you if i think id enjoy it. Thanks for responding!!

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Nothing like asking for help hunting and mentioning bullet wounds in the same post.

Good luck and be safe.

I will give you this tidbit of advise. Don't try to hunt envy animal in the woods your first few years. Try to norrow it down to one or two and focus on them. After you start to bring some game home then expand into more areas.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nothing like asking for help hunting and mentioning bullet wounds in the same post.

Good luck and be safe.

I will give you this tidbit of advise. Don't try to hunt envy animal in the woods your first few years. Try to norrow it down to one or two and focus on them. After you start to bring some game home then expand into more areas.
Good point, but I was trying to show that i actually do consider the potential dangers of hunting as a homage to my attention to safety. Maybe I'll put a focus on deer and turkey, and only try other types of game when it is offered for me to join hunts in the future.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
No, not a troll. I actually am a new hunter with no one to turn to for advice besides the internet
Bridgewater's a hop n skip from me.If your serious,I'd be glad to help over a cup of coffee.Tomorrow,clinton Mc'donalds 10:00 am

·
Registered
77 Posts
Good advice from previous posters. Focus on one or two types of game. It can also get expensive fast if you try to jump into that much. Best way to meet other hunters is to be out there. Some of my best hunting buddies I've met have been by chance in the woods. Generally speaking hunters are all easy to talk to and they like to talk/brag. Not going to learn how to hunt on a keyboard.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hunt Black River WMA for birds and deer. Shotgun doe permit season runs concurrent with the 6 day buck season. Go for brown. Be safe. good luck.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello all! I am a 19 year old new hunter, and the first in my family interested in hunting. I already own my firearms, have all the required licenses, and most of the gear I think I will need. I have a good attitude and am an ambitious learner. I have a lot of respect for firearms and their potential dangers, so I will be taking safety seriously. The last thing anyone wants when hunting is a bullet wound... Anyway, I plan to hunt for turkey, deer, waterfowl, and occasionally small game. I enjoy learning from people who know what they are doing and find that the best teacher is experience. I plan to go on a turkey hunt this Friday and would like to have a partner there to teach me how to properly go about this endeavor. Also, if anyone would be willing to take me out on a deer or waterfowl hunt I would be glad to discuss it with you. Thank you and happy hunting!
hi, if you want to bowhunt I would be happy to show you what I know about the sport if you don't mind hunting public land. I had no teacher either, had to learn by trial and error took me 30 yrs and still learn something with each trip out. I'm a solo hunter myself but would be willing to help if interested, monmouth cty.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts