New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I am 40, from Livingston, Essex County, and moved from Europe to the states three years ago (hunting over there is kind of a no go). I've got my bowhunting license for this season, but as I am new to hunting, I am kind of struggling how to start. Therefore I figured it'd be nice to make hunting friends who are experienced. And no, I am not looking to take away someone's spot or meat or whatever, the sole purpose of this post is to meet people I can learn from and that share the passion for the outdoors and hunting. I am thankful for any advice. Many thanks and stay safe.

·
Registered
55 Posts
One way to meet other bow hunters is to shoot at a local indoor range. Down here in So. Ocean County, the indoor range at Shooters is a good place to meet people. Check-out your area for a range...just one idea.

·
Registered
235 Posts
There are also several NJ based sportsmans organizations that you can get involved in and meet people......United Bowhunters of NJ and NJ Federation of Sportsmen are two that I am familiar with....... Lincoln Park Archers, WA-XO-BE Archery and WO-PE-NA Archery are several other bow organizations and clubs available to get involved with..... I don't know much about them and maybe some others from this site can be of more assistance with those...

·
Registered
913 Posts
I am from West Orange
just pm me, I will give you some info for public places close to you
I have three seasons with a couple of kills, I consider myself a beginner but if I can help, I will

·
Registered
12 Posts
any advice for a newbie hunter starting off with small game (squirrel/rabbit) at black river WMA? Planning on heading out at the start of the season 9/28..

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am a rep for the UBNJ. We will be running meet and greets, seminars, 3D shoots, league shoots, and having game dinners all across the states. Becoming a member is cheap and easy! $25 gets you a membership, a quarterly magazine, hunting insurance, and opens up opportunities for deer management hunts when we have them. Give us a follow on Facebook and we post a lot of info there. Also, you can become a member on our website! And find your county rep under the contact list. He will be more than happy to help point you in the right direction!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts