New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I moved here from eastern shore of maryland, grew up waterfowl hunting. i live in rumson near shrewsbury river and see loads of waterfowl in winter looking to try to get involved hunting this year. Is anyone looking for a hunting parter or can tell me best way to hunt this area, and what equipment (boats etc) which are best to use here. thanks for you help. Aaron

·
Registered
325 Posts
Gator, I live in Middletown...work in Red Bank. I would love to start waterfowling around here...only hunt geese once a year where you used to live. Not alot of waterfowl spots around us from what I've heard. I stick to whitetail most of the time.

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Welcome to the site, enjoy and reach out to the guys and gals on here.[up][up]

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
rumson
Welcome to NJ and NJH
I'm not a waterfowl hunter but I am sure that members of NJH, NJ State Federation of Sportsmen & NJ Outdoor Alliance could help you.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Rumson the best way to hunt waterfowl in your area is out of a sneakbox. If you are looking to buy one send me a pm and I will give you the name of a local builder. Plenty of spots to hunt right there. If you are serious about waterfowl hunting I also know of a guide that would take you out and show you the rivers. Most people enjoy Jersey waterfowl hunting over maryland where you have to buy blind sites etc. Good Luck.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Do yourself a favor. Go to the township buildings in the area and ask for a map of public acess land in the area. Once you see where it is look on google maps and do a little computer scouting. After the overhead go out and look for yourself. Found lots of good spots that way. It all starts with the township maps. You'll find spots that nobody knows exists. Good luck Chuck Hrosik

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.