New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just found this site a few days ago. i think its great. seems like a lot of good people here

·
11,226 Posts
njbowcop, Welcome to the site!!![up] I'm guessing by your screen name your in law enforcment...See that? Can't fool me. I should have been a detective! ;) The site seems to have quite a few law enforcment people here!!! You'll probably have a lot in common with this crew![up] Not to mention we all hunt! :D
See you around the boards.... Jim

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks jim, you are a good detective. i have been looking for a site like this. it seems like you guys have a lot of knowledge. i have been hunting for several years and just got back into it hardcore. took some time off from it, (started family, police academy). believe it or not, still looking for my first bow harvest. missed a doe earlier this season, but gonna keep trying. basically teaching myself how to hunt. i am the only one in my family who hunts.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i went out monday morning, it the stand from about 6am to 1030am and didnt see anything. full moon though. i read you guys said deer dont move to much during full moon?

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Welcome!! On my God another COP, what is this site becoming??? Police Academy 6 or 7.:D:D
Any thing we can help you with, just let us know, you will learn to know who are the experience ones (like me) and who are the bull---t artists:D:D
All kidding aside any help you need there is always someone here to help [up]

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
believe me i wont criticize. i want to get my first deer so bad i can taste it. my wife is getting sick of me talking about it. between watching hunting videos and the outdoor channel she is going crazy. the one good thing is my 3 year old son watches the videos and we go out looking for deer. i have a future hunter in the making.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
it was good talking to you guys. gotta go, i am actually at work...busy night, i finally got to take a break, but going home in a few...

heading back out to the woods friday morning...hope to tell you guys i got my first deer.

·
11,226 Posts
the one good thing is my 3 year old son watches the videos and we go out looking for deer. i have a future hunter in the making
It doesn't get any better then that!!![up]
i read you guys said deer dont move to much during full moon?
The full moon seems to throw the deer off their regular schedules with all that extra light in the woods all night long, not to mention the werewolves, The NJDevil, and 35whalen in his underwear running around the woods!

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
NJBOWCOP: Let me give you some advice make sure that your first deer is not a button buck or a small deer. Did I just write this, OH Lord I can't control my fingers anyway make sure is a big Doe, Stop it fingers you are going to start another war here, anyway good luck, stop it please I can't take it any-------- Make sure you shoot a big fat doe no little bambies or your will be stop&*^&^Y) crucified by few, but will be a hero to alot of us. Good luck on your first bow harvest, hunt save.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts