New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there my name's Dave aka DC. Grew up most of my life in NJ and spent some time in Louisiana but NJ called me back.Now Im 36(20 plus yrs late to hunting) happily married with 3 rapidly growing boys. Im way late into the hunting scene as im just now getting into it, so please feel free to treat me as a kid and break things down in every way. Im a fast learner and pick up things even faster. Im only going for bow hunting for various reasons. Never hunted a day in my life but this is something i have always wanted to do and in the long run think it will be something great to pass on to my children. Im out of the cinnaminson area now, but as the hunter education says....learn from experienced hunters and friend of mine said check this site out...so here i am ladies and gentleman. let the education begin......

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Welcome aboard. You will soon the learn the ballbusting here can be vicious at times but its all in good fun. Everyone has personal preferences but if you take an average from the responses , there is some good info here.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Welcome to the sight. Never too late to get into hunting and in my opinion you chose the best weapon to learn how to hunt. Good luck and remember the only stupid question is the question you don't ask.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome aboard. You will soon the learn the ballbusting here can be vicious at times but its all in good fun. Everyone has personal preferences but if you take an average from the responses , there is some good info here.
well i do have balls and im used to having them busted now and then after all i am married. lol

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the sight. Never too late to get into hunting and in my opinion you chose the best weapon to learn how to hunt. Good luck and remember the only stupid question is the question you don't ask.
vet friend of mine said try for crossbow but i was getting mixed info if its legal all around or still special case scenario. so picked up from what i hear is a great starter bow,black bear(not sure exact design) with draw length of 30 and draw weight of 55.multiple pin sight but pins have been moved around,quiver,few arrows(that are probably not to be used) and some other extras.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome aboard and good luck

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome brother! Your in the right place. There is alot of knowledge and experience here to tap into..
i so see that....and have my 2 sons looking over my shoulder as i looked at some of the trail cam threads and my middle son says" so when you get good at hunting i can start coming out with you right and get my own bow?"

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
i so see that....and have my 2 sons looking over my shoulder as i looked at some of the trail cam threads and my middle son says" so when you get good at hunting i can start coming out with you right and get my own bow?"
that's what its all about!! welcome to the site[up]

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
[up][up]hey man welcome i am new as well got my balls busted also !!! this will b my 99th post by my next post i will become a spike! but bow is a good choice you can hunt he RUT[up] u will get some good advice from a man named TURKYWING dont let his mispelled words fool you he knows whitetaill deer[up] after a few weeks you will know who gives out the best info. i have been hunting a wile and learned a few things on the site myself [up]from some good people in the past few weeks.YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE[up] im actually from your area ! do you have any spots picked out yet?

·
Registered
6,171 Posts
Welcome to the sight Dave and son's.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
[up][up]hey man welcome i am new as well got my balls busted also !!! this will b my 99th post by my next post i will become a spike! but bow is a good choice you can hunt he RUT[up] u will get some good advice from a man named TURKYWING dont let his mispelled words fool you he knows whitetaill deer[up] after a few weeks you will know who gives out the best info. i have been hunting a wile and learned a few things on the site myself [up]from some good people in the past few weeks.YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE[up] im actually from your area ! do you have any spots picked out yet?
no i have no spots picked out yet...original reason for getting the whole ball rolling was because of a invite to hunt up in ny/pa area but me and my wife have long time discussed doing this. As for whitetail tracking and so on... have plenty of practice at my part time job at a golf course as a very large set of families of deer have made it their breeding ground.

·
Registered
6,171 Posts
very large set of families of deer have made it their breeding ground
That's good to herd.lol

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well their you go top spot with deer 1/2 tamed[up] will they let you hunt it?
i can check with management but they travel between the course to the park so depends on where i would get them at. seen one buck and he is at least 10 pointer but i know there is more.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts