New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.......

I'm from England,living and working in Morris County. Keen shotgun shooter (game/clays) but absolutely no idea of what NJ has to offer in this area.
Having been over here for two years I thought I'd sign up here and check out the local pheasant hunting scene with a view to 'getting out there'again.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Welcome Redcoat!

Lots of upland hunters on the board.

There are several semi-wild hunting preserves in NJ.
I've hunted Bent Creek which stocks Pheasant, Quail and Chukkar.

The WMA's within the state are also stocked - you may want to search a few threads on these as well.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
1. Are you a US citizen, resident, or visa?
It is difficult for non-citizens to obtain an FID, but not impossible, depending on your immigration status.

2. You may need a gun dealer to receive your 'imported' firearms for you, but in that case you would still require a NJ FID card to take possession of your firearms.

3. To hunt w/ firearms in NJ - you do not need an FID, however you may borrow a firearm from someone you intend to hunt with. You will need a shotgun to complete the field test of the NJ Hunter Ed course.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
pla930......

I'm currently here on a L1A workpermit but in the process of getting my Green Card resident visa.I just love the whole Federal Red Tape thing! and I thought the UK Government was bad.....

Maybe I'll just wait till all that is over with before grappling with more paperwork......

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
I'm currently here on a L1A workpermit but in the process of getting my Green Card resident visa.I just love the whole Federal Red Tape thing! and I thought the UK Government was bad.....

Maybe I'll just wait till all that is over with before grappling with more paperwork......
Good luck with the 'Red Tape' - I know a good Immigration Lawyer, if you need one.

·
Registered
10,151 Posts
Hi Redcoat welcome I'm sure once you get every thing settled anyone here will be glad to help you find a good place to hunt Pheasants. See you in the fields.

GhostBear

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.