New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Fellaz,

Mark from NY here, can you help me decipher NJ hunting rules and regulations I'm reading for a second day and I'm still confused. Say, where is the state land closet to NY border, license fees for out of state people and most importantly the unlimited does permits in region like 36.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
1. Upstate NY border? That would be Ringwood State Park.
You also have Hewitt State Forest, Wawayanda State Park and High Point State Park along the border.
2. Licenses for bow=$135.50, Firearm = $135.50. All other permits are the same for res/non-res.
3. Permits are $28. You buy either a doe or buck permit or both.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Fellaz,

OK, is there something I should know about zone 36? Again, I'm new to NJ hunt so any advice is appreciated.
Thanks flat, yes upstate NY border, are these regions crowded or OK to hunt, also I guess I should wait with Jan permit then since you guys have a calendar year and not a season. How long is the Bow season? When does it end?

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
zone 36 has no public land for deer in it. Licenses start Jan. 1 and ends Dec. 31. Bow season "starts" Jan 1 with winter bow, and the length depends on the zone. Then early bow in Sept. for some parts of the state, with the whole state starting around Oct. 1. Permit is the month of November, again for most of the state. Best bet is to find out what zone you plan on hunting, then learn the regs for that zone, instead of trying to decipher the whole state.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
very little open land in zone 36 almost no puplic land good luck. why would you want unlimited doe? how many can you eat? winter bow opens jan 1

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Winter bow goes til Feb 18th.
Permit shotgun goes 1/7 to 2/11
Permit muzzleloader goes Jan. 1 to 2/11.

Not much state land in zone 36, unless you already know of the few small tracts. Otherwise, I would head over to Ringwood or Wawayanda in Zone 3. More space to move around on although season ends earlier.

Keep in mind, 3 point restriction in both 36 and 3.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, you are right flat I just checked again 3 looks much better than 36. That unlimited offer sounded attractive but I guess there is a reason for it :) You are right I can't eat them all, the problem is I got skunk this year in NY and CT so I'm trying NJ maybe will have some luck at least for a doe.
Is there a better map than this, this is not very clear where the borders start/end
http://www.njfishandwildlife.com/images/hunting/deer_zone_map.jpg
and yes I know about AR
Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
zone 36 has no public land for deer in it. Licenses start Jan. 1 and ends Dec. 31. Bow season "starts" Jan 1 with winter bow, and the length depends on the zone. Then early bow in Sept. for some parts of the state, with the whole state starting around Oct. 1. Permit is the month of November, again for most of the state. Best bet is to find out what zone you plan on hunting, then learn the regs for that zone, instead of trying to decipher the whole state.
Yup, I guess zone 3 is my meal ticket :) It seems it has Wawayanda, Hewit and Ringwood, is that a decent area for deer? How are they moving now? in NY they start to come out again....I have not seen a deer in November, it was a bad season

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bkln the only nj rule you need is , leave the fawns and small ones alone!!!!
LOL, OK I will be the Smart Aleck now, what do you consider small...??? [hihi]

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
anything the out of staters would take, to leave us jersey hunters, nothing left to hunt !!!! jersey allows way to many deer to be taken , so the out of staters (no offence) take full advantage of the "if its brown its down moto" [wallmad]

not sayng you are one of these individuals but , ya just never know !!

look at our beaches in the summer [rofl][rofl][rofl][lol]

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
anything the out of staters would take, to leave us jersey hunters, nothing left to hunt !!!! jersey allows way to many deer to be taken , so the out of staters (no offence) take full advantage of the "if its brown its down moto"
not sayng you are one of these individuals but , ya just never know !!
look at our beaches in the summer
Hey Buck, don't blame the playa, blame the "game" (pun intended)....
I look to NJ this only because I got skunked at home. OK, I will make a deal with ya, I will take just one deer, buck or doe, how's that? :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OK, first step completed, got my CID and send an app for processing....pardon a silly question but can you fellaz hunt in NJ with a revolver? Or this is out of the questions for a commie state :) Not for nothing I saw one fella got 800 lbs bear this year by you, so just asking....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts