New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else on here do any pistol target shooting or ipsc shooting?

I won a glock pistol at the glock match this summer and just got a call the new glock 34, 9 mm that fits in the ipsc box came in. Only one problem, they sent me 17 round mags (which are illegal in nj) so I get to take the gun home tommorow minus the mags until replacements are sent.

Can't wait till hunting season is over to start practicing again.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
go to gssfonline.com , its glocks shooting sports foundation. Its like 25 bucks I think a year to join. They have competitions all over the US. Good thing about glock matches are that everyone can participate that owns a stock glock in the standard category. Then they have division for law enforcement, special awards for women, kids, and masters divisions (non standard glocks with scopes etc on them). The glock I got is a non standard, has a longer barrel and I will be putting a red dot scope so I can participate in the masters division.

IPSC matches are tough to get into in NJ because most clubs want you to participate in 3 or more steel matches or nra matches before they will allow you to draw from a holster for the IPSC. Its also tough in NJ because most IPSC competitiors across the country use high capacity mags which I'm sure you are aware of is limited to 10 round mags in nj.

The glock matches are very fun, glock brings one of their reps so you can have them make sure the glock is working ok and the ratio of prizes given out is like 1 out of 5 people will at least win their entry fee (25 bucks) back.

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
the season is approaching, anyone else interested in a glock match this year?
Been there, done that, never again.[down]

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Been there, done that, never again.
had a bad time at the glock match? How long ago? They changed the rules a little last year. I went had a blast of a time and won a pistol!!

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
I'm interested - can I compete with a H&K?

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
I'm interested - can I compete with a H&K?
Not at a GLOCK match you can't. LOL

had a bad time at the glock match?
I was shooting Glock matches for years. Won numerous pistols. Just don't like their back stabbing policies or their thankless attitudes.[mad]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts