New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"According to Senate President Stephen Sweeney, the right to purchase a firearm under the new card could be electronically switched off by local police “if they have a suspicion or concern.” Under current law, Second Amendment rights can only be suspended after conviction of a serious crime – not based on mere “suspicion or concern.” The new approach turns the presumption of innocence on its head and violates due process."

READ MORE:

Changes To NJ Anti Gun Bills Include 7 Day Waiting Period & Electronic On/Off Switch for Rights

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Personally, I think VA looks better . . .

·
Premium Member
14,409 Posts

·
Registered
11,803 Posts

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
I agree with VA, but for me PA is the only thing remotely possible. It's such a shame about NY, because that would have been possible too.
Now I just need to work on my wife to get a job in Phily. If it were just me, I'd be out with a realtor tomorrow. Today, actually.

It's not even about guns anymore. It's about being on the wrong end of an animal lynch mob. This must be what it felt like to be on the wrong end of the Chinese Cultural Revolution. Even neighbors and former friends are turning on us. Decades of seething hatred are boiling over. I don't feel safe here.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Just sold my house, should be moved to the west coast of Florida, better know as the nature coast by end of July. First purchase is going to be a suppressed, full auto AR of some sort. Sorry to say but I can't wait to get out of here for so many reasons. This is not the state I grew up in, it really socks and I feel bad for everyone that is stuck being here.

·
Premium Member
14,409 Posts
Not trying to and while it may be an indication of A2 paranoia we are watching that race with care, the left is like erosion or rust it seems they never sleep and are always working against fun and freedom couple that with the fact they have the press on their side you just never know.

Many on the left speak of "Turning" states like Va. actually right now in particular Va.

Ahh but with all that said Va. has a heck of a ways to go before they become NJ a land of tyranny at least as far as your guns and your money are concerned.

·
Banned
3,127 Posts
Right now I'm thinking almost anywhere but here is a good place to move. NJ has been terrible for taxes and the infringement on our rites since I can remember but this horse shit feel good legislation they are going to pass now settles it for me. The majority of voters and representatives in this state have decided that the constitution is to be discarded and the money we earn isn't really ours. I really hate to say it as I was born and raised here in South Jersey, but NJ as a whole is too far gone. I fear I would be derelict in my duties as a father to subject my children to such an oppressive state. It may not happen over night, but I will be exiting NJ in the near future.

·
Banned
3,316 Posts
Many on the left speak of "Turning" states like Va. actually right now in particular Va.
... The VA boys know this and are taking steps to stay on top or things... Dont worry about VA...[smoke]

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Don't even get me started on the tax situation in this state, right now I pay $13,000 a year for real estate tax, comparable home on Florida $2,500.Plus no tax on our pensions. Right there I'll have an extra $16,000 in my pocket for doing nothing. Plus down there unlimited hunting, fishing, diving year round.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I think Virginia has always been considered a "swing" state. Things often change in each election. Both of their US Senators are democrats, the new governor is republican ... as is a large majority of their House delegation. Virginia and Florida were the only two southern states that Obama carried. Twice.

But, as JB said ....
Ahh but with all that said Va. has a heck of a ways to go before they become NJ a land of tyranny at least as far as your guns and your money are concerned.

Moving out of the state? Boy, thats a tough one. Career and family, you know? I do have a small place in Pa ... Altoona area, very rural. I think about retiring to it someday. But, what about hardly seeing my future grandkids?? [cry]

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
I've already had the talk with my wife. Almost all of our family is in NJ but we're both in agreement, our future isn't here. Our next move, we're out of here.

·
Banned
5,004 Posts
I've already had the talk with my wife. Almost all of our family is in NJ but we're both in agreement, our future isn't here. Our next move, we're out of here.
Having this discussion with the future Mrs. BG right now.

North Carolina is leading the race at the moment, honestly, with zero hyperbole, I know SO MANY people that have moved to NC from New Jersey in the last 3 or 4 years that I would already have a decent contingent of friends down there.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I'm doing the NC thing myself, I have had a few friends move there and have heard from the local sheriff with my own ears. "It's your property and as long as you aren't hurting your family or anybody else, I could care less what you do on your property. Shoot guns, Hunt, Build a dirt bike track, Hell..Invite me over and we'll shoot together, This is America, NOT NJ"...And this is on a property that is not exactly what we could call "farm" size. A 4 BR 3 bath with 2 car attached, taxes are $950.00 a year (Outside of city limits)..Just one of a few I've been looking at. Plus I can have chickens and all kinds of neat little critters.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm probably moving to Texas in the near future. I spent a lot of time there and I have no complaints about that state.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts