New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
if it does im sure it would be something like aug 30. the waterfowl seasons would be the same length of time, but because of the calendar or the f&g council, the start and end date might fluctuate by one or 2 days. idk if id wanna be popping geese in 90 degree weather lol

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
that would be awesome

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
They're currently trying to get a conservation order (like they did for the snow geese this year that extended the spring season into april) If they get this canada goose season would start august 1

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
here is what they said on the nj fish and game site "The taking of Canada geese will be allowed from August 1 to August 31on private agricultural lands if there is a Federal Conservation Order or Managed Take Option in place, as defined by the US Fish and Wildlife Service." heres the link to their rule change proposals http://www.nj.gov/dep/rules/notices/040609b.html

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
where is everyone bashing the early geese at? I live near Hamilton and I have seen quit a few flying in the evenings but I have no land access and do not know where to get into some geese, ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
the season opens on the 1st.

Hay fields and pastures with a pond is a good place to look for in the first couple of weeks. on any river or if you can find a corn patch that has been cut. then there is always parks:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts