New Jersey Hunters banner

New durable hunting licenses (Pix Added)

2K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  houndawgg 
#1 ·
Are the new style licenses on page 72 of the NJ hunting digest available anywhere yet?
Anyone got an update??

#3 ·
That was one nice thing about OH is you could buy and print your own license online. Problem is printer paper. I did laminated and kept it in a ziploc in my license holder.

NY has a nice system, all computerized. Got my bow license, they whip it all on the computer then print it out on a waterproof license. Very cool.

#11 ·
I got'em all stapled to the wall in my barn. Along with all my stamps, trappers pins and out of states. I also have the wall of share and fame. Pictures from differnt outdoors activities with friends. First liscense 1980. Could not wait to get my blue card back from the state.

Ryan

#15 ·
I bought a batch of 6 licenses on Ebay that were from the late 20's into the early 30's by the same guy in Montclair. I put them in a frame and hung them on my hunting room wall--looks pretty cool.

A lot of times you can see old licenses on Ebay and they generally sell for up to $5+ a piece.

#17 ·
welcome to the 21st century...

Hell, New York has had these new tags and systems up and running for a few years now. With all the monies we spend here in NJ on sporting liscences etc...you would think we would be one of the more advanced states when it comes to sportsmen.

In NY I can call in for my tags, and they mail them to me. :D

#18 ·
Problem with the new license and system, alot of the Sporting goods stores quit selling them. Tips, Scotty's, Fishermans Headquarters. The only place to go around here is Dick's.

#24 ·
I dug my pile of licenses out and the oldest one of mine was 67. I came home on leave to hunt Pa. and got a nice 9 point. It cost $25.35, which was a lot back then, I was makeing $70 a month as a E2.
The small license was a NJ from 38,$2.00 , I bought at a garage sale and another "metal" tag from Pa., don't know what year it was for.
The top license 1979, was the year NJ came out with a "waterproof" material, but they only last that year or next, everyone complained because you couldn't write on them to fill out the tags.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.