New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the new style licenses on page 72 of the NJ hunting digest available anywhere yet?
Anyone got an update??

·
Registered
973 Posts
They said they be ready for next year? The problem is getting all the licensed venders up and running onto the states system. I heard you can go on line and get them.

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
That was one nice thing about OH is you could buy and print your own license online. Problem is printer paper. I did laminated and kept it in a ziploc in my license holder.

NY has a nice system, all computerized. Got my bow license, they whip it all on the computer then print it out on a waterproof license. Very cool.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone remember them
Yep, the new ones are very much like that same material, but they're not handwritten on, they're printed out.
I believe the same vendor that's doing NY's is the one NJ is suppose to use.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Would you believe I have every license I ever bought in the State of NJ. I have to go and look but I believe my first licese was back in 1967. Gosh I'm getting so old.

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
I've got all mine except for my Juvenile lics.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I got'em all stapled to the wall in my barn. Along with all my stamps, trappers pins and out of states. I also have the wall of share and fame. Pictures from differnt outdoors activities with friends. First liscense 1980. Could not wait to get my blue card back from the state.

Ryan

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
If they have the computer printout type like NY there are pros & cons.

The cons are there will be fewer places to get a license. Just go to Davis Sport Shop just before NY opening day. You will wait on line for an hour.

I can't think of any pros.

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
ted: 14 Dec 2005 12:18 AM

Currently Offline Posts: 3775
I only saved a few of my 25 years of hunting licenses
I still have one from 1966. Price: $4.15; it is also a trapping license; I forget if the tag is for deer or bear; or it there is a seperate tag for each..

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Im sending Kris pictures of the 1970 and 1971 NJ licesnses. I wish I could learn how to post pictures.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I bought a batch of 6 licenses on Ebay that were from the late 20's into the early 30's by the same guy in Montclair. I put them in a frame and hung them on my hunting room wall--looks pretty cool.

A lot of times you can see old licenses on Ebay and they generally sell for up to $5+ a piece.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
welcome to the 21st century...

Hell, New York has had these new tags and systems up and running for a few years now. With all the monies we spend here in NJ on sporting liscences etc...you would think we would be one of the more advanced states when it comes to sportsmen.

In NY I can call in for my tags, and they mail them to me. :D

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Problem with the new license and system, alot of the Sporting goods stores quit selling them. Tips, Scotty's, Fishermans Headquarters. The only place to go around here is Dick's.

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Posted: 14 Dec 2005 5:46 PM

Currently Offline Posts: 1513
230 I think back then there was no bear tag you just hand wrote one if you got lucky with a bear....
I have to pull out that old license and look I think the tag says deer or bear. That is it was an either or situation.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.