New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Advertised at 1800 fps and shot from a Tar-Hunt Mountaineer with a 23" ported barrel velocity for these factory slugs was just as good as the pre-production slugs I tested last winter...excellent!

JC

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blackeyes what makes you believe you will have it this month? Does the dealer have a confirmed delivery date?

Dual Bonds
Winchester Partitions
Hornady SST's

JC

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
when i got my bow back from Simon and Peters three weeks ago, i asked the guy, i think it was Tom, if he new anything about the gun. He told me he talked to the dealer and they -should- be coming in late August, and he has 8 of them on order; at which i put a down payment on one.

So i should be getting the third one he gets.

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I certainly wouldn't be holding my breathe on them coming in this month. While I don't have any particular insight on the delivery dates I don't see any reason why he would would know when they are arriving when no else does.

JC

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah,

That is exactly my point. These guns will not just appear all on one day. My guess is it will be at least another month or two before they start hitting dealers in any numbers.

JC

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Absolutely the Slug. It is not unusual for a box og slugs to have over 100fps variance. The chrono's on the other have less than a few feet unless they are broken.

JC

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
Contact savage earliest I've heard Nov-Dec.. I think you will see them around Jan!! L&H hasn't heard anything on delivery either??
sucks.I will be buying one but it seems they will really be missing a good part of the market by putting it out so late.
most of the serious guys shoot months before the season,testing loads and sighting in,etc.Nov and Dec is the time to actually be hunting, not playing around at the range...[confused]

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Once they are in if anyone needs helps setting them up it should be very straight forward. Feel free to shoot me and a PM and I will be happy to help. I have set up my Savage 210 with three different scope up over the years and have put together close to a dozen different bolt action slug setups over the years. Also I have tested pretty much every 20ga sabot slug on the market.

JC

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
JC i may hit you up on your offer.

And i yeah i was really excited to hear they were in coming in late August. Would have had plenty of time to shoot.

Still cant wait to get the gun though. Its going to be a nice upgrade. May still be able to use it for permit shotgun.

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Deerslayer,

The expander is a great bullet and the addition of the tip brings them up to date in the ballistics coefficient department. All in all a very comparable slug to the Hornady SST relatively speaking, (though the Barnes is really better suited for larger deer). If they shoot well for you there is no way to go wrong with them assuming you can get them at a decent price.

JC

·
Registered
12,261 Posts
Once they are in if anyone needs helps setting them up it should be very straight forward. Feel free to shoot me and a PM and I will be happy to help. I have set up my Savage 210 with three different scope up over the years and have put together close to a dozen different bolt action slug setups over the years. Also I have tested pretty much every 20ga sabot slug on the market.
JC, I will definately welcome your advice/feedback/opinions/recomendations,etc.
I along w/ many other members here appreciate you sharing your experience with us,thanks. [up]

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Anytime Browning,

When I started to get serious about rifled slug gun shooting there was simlpy no real resources available to learn about it. I am happy to be able to share my experiences with everyone here just as others have taken the time to share their experioences on various other subjects with me.

JC

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.