New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I did a lot of research on camo and also how I look in it in the woods and they don't seem to blend real well.

So I went a bought 2 sets of camo, the Digital and ASAT.

Does anyone have any input on either? I am going to be trying both over the course of this season, just want to hear some other viewpoints.

Thanks [up]

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
Doesnt matter at all. As long as your pattern is broken. I have had deer,turkeys and even coyotes just feet away from me while sitting on the ground, look right at me and no idea i was there. Some of my camo is so faded my dad asks why I dont where white.

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
I really like the ASAT camo. Ive had good succuess with it. breaks up your outline instead of looking like a big dark blob like some of the other stuff out there. just my 2.

·
Registered
86 Posts
At my last job at the Outdoor Channel I had a meeting with Under Armour and their hunting/research guys (the guys from the Ridge Reaper show). They were showing me their new line of camo and I asked what pattern was best for deer in the Northeast. They just chuckled and said the pattern doesn't matter. As long as it breaks up your shape you're good. In fact they said the goal with new camo designs for all the major players (Realtree, Mossy, etc.)is to appeal to consumers. The new patterns aren't any more effective then the last one, they just have to find ways to sell more apparel and convincing us we need it to be a better hunter.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Just like in fishing - you can catch a largemouth with a GI Joe and a clothes pin, the lures catch the fisherman and not the fish.

Reactions: homework

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
as mugz said. Key is SIT STILL. first deer i killed i was 10 years old on the ground wearing jeans and a ratty old camo hoody.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Whatever pattern that makes you feel comfortable enough to have the confidence to sit still for a long time is the best pattern. It just happens to be a different one for each hunter and there are lots of choices. You have to be happy with it first

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
just got my patent for a NJ camo pattern. it looks like a pile of corn, and has a few apples on it to break up the pile a little.
should sell about 40 thousand units .[up]

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
just got my patent for a NJ camo pattern. it looks like a pile of corn, and has a few apples on it to break up the pile a little.
should sell about 40 thousand units .[up]
Are you going to have pictures of subdivisions with McMansions along with your camo patterns? I would buy several of them if you do.

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
Are you going to have pictures of subdivisions with McMansions along with your camo patterns? I would buy several of them if you do.
cant do that, you might get a ticket for being to close to a house with a nocked arrow

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
I recall an article written in some outdoor magazine about a 20something year old kid who racks up the deer (no pun intended) in Maine or NH. His camo was a tie dyed green/white sweatshirt from Walmart and a pair of green sweatpants. He wore white Rebok high tops. Looked like a lot smokin' hippie but he was a legend already in his state.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts