New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been thrown around but I thought that the next Cabela's was being built in the Meadowlands .
I just got it from a " inside Govt." source, that their next store will be in BELLMAWR , NJ. That's Bellmawr as in South Jersey.My source says he has seen the plans for the project. He as NEVER spun a tale to me before !
Everything was pending the state approving the building of exit ramps off Rt. 295 and Rt. 42.
And apparently this has been passed. Hotels and a shopping center are also planned with this project. It will be located on the old Bellmawr land fill. With Rt. 295 on one side and Rt. 42 on the otherside. An ideal location. Anybody else heard about this. No time reference was brought up.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
I heard they are going to be building one down by the Meadowlands sports complex?

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, and it WAS on their web site as a proposed location. Now it's not. I wonder if the Bellmawr location is really true. This person is in the INNER CIRCLE politically, so it might be true.

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea, everyone heard that to. Either location would be better for me than Hamburg, Pa.
Maybe they will build all three :D
Wouldn't that be like dying and going to heaven :D

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
i don't think that xanadu project will never happen at the meadowlands. that's why cabelas maybe has pulled out of there?

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Xanadu was schedule for construction start march 2005. The project is caught in a political mess with the Giants stadium approval and our acting governor siding with them. The giants decide to re-neg on the land deal to the Mills Brothers developers.

Its in the courts but probably won't start for years. They originally had it listed on cabelas web site as opening in 2006 I believe.

Atlantic City race track was their plan b. I think they are having some issues with that site and zoning as well. So Bellmawr could very well be the site. And Cabelas like any other big business has probably had plans for the store for years, they just have to get a civil engineer to fit the store to the site plan. Either way earliest we'll see a cabelas is spring / summer of 2007.

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
Bellmawr would make sense. Xanadu is going to be in Bergen County, which has Sunday Blue Laws--the malls are all closed. So..you can't buy guns due to no NICS check in NJ on Sunday, you can't buy clothes..why open a mega store that can't do business on a major retailing day?

I'd heard that they were trying to get the blue laws amended due to the mall, but who knows?

The only thing I don't like about this is that we're now all going to have to pay sales tax on anything we even mail order from Cabela's, since they will have a store in NJ[down]

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
From a location standpoint, I'd prefer the Meadowlands area as its closer than Bellmawr. But, Bellmawr should be closer than Hamburg.

David

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
They have already started putting the roads in for the Xanadu project.I hope it doesn't happen. I live 5 miles from it and traffic is already nuts. And all the towns are in aggreement to keep the blue laws. Lets see what the Politicians do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts