New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be buying a new bow soon and I would like some recommendations. I think I will go with a Mathews but I am not sure. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
14,787 Posts
I love Mathews but have to tell you that BowTech is a great bow. I recently got the Bowtech SWAT and it is a kick A$$ bow[up][up]Of course there are more expensive BowTech's but I love this SWAT.

Good luck with whatever bow you go with[up]

Shoot Straight!

·
Registered
236 Posts
I know guys are attracted to Matthews for some reason, they are great bows no doubt. Try a Bear Bow. The Truth 2 is a great bow for about $6-700.
I have the Truth 1 and put a string suppressor on it. They shoot well above price.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Recently started shooting the Mathews DXT, its a shooter with little hand shock and vibration. Just make sure you get the right draw length. Seems like the Mathews run a half inch long on the advertised draw. This is my third of the Mathews line (owned the Lx and Switchback)and have shot all their bows going back to the Legacy. Good luck.

·
Registered
88 Posts
diamond iceman is a real nice bow .try it out.i just baught one as a back up bow.my main bow is a bowtech tribute 07 model. i love that bow. this is just a suggestion but you should get what feels best to you.

·
Registered
17,891 Posts
I still shoot a Mathews Switchback ('05), but you cant go wrong with any of the newer bows. I've seen Shootstaight shoot very straight with his new Bowtech. I really like the look of those PSEs and the Mathews as well. Good luck[up]

·
Registered
313 Posts
I will be purchasing a Hoyt Alphamax 35 from Strictly Archery next weekend! I do like the look of the PSE bows, but the Alphamax fit me better!

·
Registered
440 Posts
it all comes down to what fits u best, and what you feel most comfortable with.
all the bows mentioned here are great bows, but I prefer Matthews - does that mean you will like Matthews better than bowtech or hoyt? who knows. Just go to a place that will FIT YOU PROPERLY - that is the first single most important thing, then try out different models - you don't need a top of the line bow or spend $1000 to shoot great tight groups. Find what you like and don't make a snap decision. It took me three 3 weeks to decide on my Matthews when I bought it and it shot several hoyt's pse's bowtech's etc. I drove the guy in the proshop crazy. But in the end he was happy when I dropped a grand on a new bow and accessories, and I was happy because I know my decision was the best one for me - and still is. I have had my Matthews Switchback for 3 or 4 years now and can shoot very well with it - in fact I am shooting above expectations.

Just take your time and try out as many as you can.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I will tell you exactly what I tell everyone looking for a new bow, and its the same thing that worked for me. Pull back every single bow you can get your hands on. When you find "the one"and trust me you WILL know, stop and buy that bow, regardless of the price.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.