New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I hope this is a dumb question with a very easy answer, but how do I get the rubber smell out of my hunting boots? I never used rubber boots before but needed to buy a pair since one of my spots has a 10 ft wide brook to cross. I washed them in scent control laundry detergant, put them in a bag with pine trimmings...still wreaks of rubber. Will this slowly fade or can I do something to kill this smell?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
We are not in IL on 10000 acre land where deer might see a human but once a year..........we are in NJ ..deer see, smell and encounter humans everyday....I have been in my stand smoking a cig and had deer walk under me. All this scent control is crap.........All boils down to the right place and right time. I was out today on my 4 wheeler kicked up 3 does..........all were 10 yards from me stopped as I was on my quad w/ engine running.

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
We are not in IL on 10000 acre land where deer might see a human but once a year..........we are in NJ ..deer see, smell and encounter humans everyday....I have been in my stand smoking a cig and had deer walk under me. All this scent control is crap.........All boils down to the right place and right time. I was out today on my 4 wheeler kicked up 3 does..........all were 10 yards from me stopped as I was on my quad w/ engine running.
I guess you don't need an Ozonics?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.