New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went down to Manahawken Saturday with Charlie and Mike, my buddies that I hunt and fish with.They have a 21 foot Mako that is 28 years old. Well Charlie was talking about getting a new boat with a cuddy, and Mike said that he would go in partners again with him. I cant afford anything right now,plus I`m moving to upstate N.Y. in a month, so I was their "support".

Well they ended up buying a 2005 21 foot PARKER with a cuddy cabin and a 150 4 stroke Yamaha. The final price after a couple x-tras was $40,300.Which is gonna cost them about $115 each per month.
You cant get any better than that!!!!!!

I cant wait to get on this boat! It sucks that I wont be able to fish the shore as much as I used too.Now I will have to make that 6hr drive for a couple weekends this summer.It`ll kill me on gas, thats if I can afford too.
AWESOME!![up][up]:):D:p[cool][cool]

·
3,413 Posts
What did they do with the Mako? Classic boat there.

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
$115 a month each? They are only kidding themselves. A boat is a hole in the water that you throw money into. I speak from experience, I have 2....

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well right now Bacs, they are going to sell it, hopefully for about 5 grand, if they can get that.

Bloodtrails, I compleately agree with you,BUT, this is a brand NEW PARKER,they hopefully wont get hit with problems for a few years.Believe me, these guys are ANAL about their equipment.Plus, one of the best boats on the market.They took a hit a few years ago on a new motor for the Mako,plus other things here and there.

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
Phish,

Hopefully they will not hit any maintenance problems in the near future. Let's not forget about all the "goodies" that will surely find their way aboard. That's where most of my money goes. I hope they have the best of luck.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The 2120 series. They also ordered the rocketlaunchers with the light kit. And they are shopping for the electronics,probably a depth finder with a GPS, keep it simple,you know one unit.

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
tell me Phishnutz where in the manahawken did you fish I used to live in Mystic Islands. are there still BIG B [no swearing please] in Lake Manahawken?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Naa Mystic, we dont fish in the Manahawken area, we went there to "look" at the boat,but those guys ended up buying it. The boat slip is at Cape Horn Marina, 7 bridges road in Tuckerton. So we fish from the mouth of the Mullica to all of the wrecks I guess 4 to 6 miles out. This year we might be able to get to the Lobster Pots.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I put my boat in at First Bridge Marina on Great Bay Blvd.(Seven Bridges Road)in Tuckerton for spring/summer clamming and weakfishing in the Marshelder Channel and in Great Bay...

You're right about the smell, and the damned "No See 'Ums" were out in force at the beginnning of April last year when we went down there clamming. I got all kinds of bites and welts from them little suckers!!!!!!

Greenhead Fly Spray (brand name) does the trick down there, but you still can't avoid getting them things stuck in your ears, nose, mouth, and eyes when you're near the islands and marinas!!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea, I`ll take black flies over those greenhead bombers anyday. At least a lit cigar will sway those blackies away from you for a while. I would use Maxi- Deet, but it seemed it would only attract those pesky greenheads.[mad]If you have a hole in your jeans those greenheads would find it, and you end up jumping all around the boat hitting yourself.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts