New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shot the new Winchester lighting at the ATA and it was awesome!350fps with a 6inch brace height,no shock ,very quiet and it has a nice smooth easy draw with a great wall(very easy on the should).It has a new pro link system that holds the limbs on instead of limb pockets!Here is a video I found on youtube of it.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
bow looks awesome.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you shoot the new bowtech cx Insanity then shoot the winchester lighting the winchester will win hands down!It is not even close!

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
did they chrono the bow? 350 is seven fps faster than last years model. I have the qs 31 and love it. it was advertised at 335 fps. I shoot 60lbs with 28 inch draw. I cant get my bow to shoot over 282. its 268 with my current hunting set up. I love the winchester bows but I wanna see the lighting shoot 350!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
9,711 Posts
while the winchester bows def hold and shoot nice they are not even close to their listed IBO speeds,

would be surprised if the 350 even breaks 310 ibo legal on a factory sold bow.

Their bow that was rated at 343 couldnt break 295

wish they would make ALL manufactures only be allowed to post real results with ready to hunt equipment not a bow set up with less string stands etc set up just to shoot one arrow and then post an unobtanable number for the real life purchaser

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
any bow has to be max out in draw and lbs with nothing on the strings and a very light arrow to reach there IBO.victory arrows are what most people use to get these high numbers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I doubted it as well until a guy from Winchester came into my shop with one and said it shot 350 fps. I called him out on it. This guy was more than willing to prove his bragging grounds. His bow was set up at 70 lbs. 30" draw. He was using a pretty light Victory arrow, not sure which arrow, total weight was like 265 grains with the 85gr tip. I set the chrono,his first shot was 352 fps, his second was 353. I shot it which the draw was a bit long for me, and shot 351. When I switched to a heavier Gold Tip (420gr), and the speed came down to the low 340's. All in all the Winchester was super smooth, great draw cycle, nice let off, solid wall, almost zero vibration, SUPER QUIET, but it was like the man said, FAST! , 350+ fast! He put it up against Mathews HeliM and the Winchester smoked it! Now if I can only get one from him!

·
Registered
8,028 Posts
I think this is the "normal" for bow ratings. My X force Axe 6 is rated 345 or something I actually shoot in the 290's with a real hunting arrow and broadhead. I am still impressed and people at the range always remark how fast the Axe 6 is. I have never had anyone say my Mathews Z7 was fast. probably does not shoot much different speed never put over chrono. I like my Z7 better!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts