New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody have directions to a decent access point could ya PM me? Looking to fish it for the first time this weekend.

Thanks, all favors returned....:)

·
Banned
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope, neversink river NY, up by Monticello...it's a tail water, cold water from a bottom release dam makes it fishable all summer, problem is that most of it is private with fishing clubs...

·
Registered
409 Posts
From 23N go through the town of Port Jervis. before the first bridge hang a right onto never sink drive. follow never sink drive all a way out (about 5 miles). when you get to the end of never sink drive hang a right there will be plenty of public access points. at this point you are in the town of deer park. i used to fish the never sink quite a bit as a kid. Decent trout & small mouth fly fishing. You will even run into a few shad during spring and early summer

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
GVS, fished the never sink once, good action. I f i were you i would take a ride up a little farther to exit 92 of 17, thats right by my cabin and fish the beaver kill and willoemoc. excellent trout fishing all summer long[up]

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
I fish it late summer and still have good luck. You're correct, a lot of land is bordered by private clubs and many locals still like to bath and swim anywhere that's close to the road! Somewhat discouraging. Heavy rains bring some serious washouts up there. That's both bad and good. While the stream has been high a lot this year, all the private club stockings get washed downstream for everyone else to enjoy!

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I stopped by the lower part of the neversink over by holiday mountain ski area n there wasn't a lot going on. The west branch of the Del n carins pool of the beaver kill was on fireeee. We caught a few hogs around 18-20in on both rivers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.