New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I found an area with some gobblers. I cross thru state land in order to hunt in the Rockaway River WMA. However, I have to park along a neighborhood street and walk past about 4 houses before entering state land at the end of the street.

Its legal. But I do not want to upset the residents when they see me walking down the street with an unloaded shotgun.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
I believe you better see them see it. Otherwise it is a concealed weapon. Unless your transporting it in it's case. They might be used to it.

When I was 14 my father borrowed a bouble barrel 12 for me. The next day I was returning it around the block, uncased but broken to show it wasn't loaded. Walked 10 yds in front of a parked cop and just kept walking. This was on 1/4 mie from a park, but it was around 1970 also.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Hey Drag,
I have a book by Evan Nappen (in the game law books) buy it you will be surprised at the laws this state has. Did you know it's illegal for a young man under 18 to buy fixed blade razors to shave his face. Neither did I till I read his book. This state will have you afraid to leave your house if you read it. The laws they p [no swearing please] why we are sleeping is incredible.

Till our trails cross,

Ryan

·
11,226 Posts
Drag let me know what days your going out... I'm gonna call the cops and tell them there is a Rambo looking guy running around the neighborhood with a gun screaming and cursing!:D Remember the Helicopter you saw with the guy hanging out with the gun? This time they really will be looking for you! LOL!

·
Registered
177 Posts
If its public hunting land, don't you think they would be used to hunters walking into it? If not maybe they should get used to it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts