New Jersey Hunters banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately there seems to be alot of this on here. People are taking others opinions and turning them around. Like I said before they are OPINIONS, if you dont like ones opinions, thats fine, but don't try to put them done for the way they feel. Not every hunter or fisherman is the same. This Luknik thing got really out of hand, and a few people, who know who they are, took it to a whole nother level. Jim said that he hopes it doesnt turn into another hunting.net, i dont know anything about that, but one person in particular has made it a point to criticize a few people on THEIR BELIEFS!!! Again, everyone has a different opinion, so how about you dont critisize them for expressing it. I had made a comment about Luknik's deer, but I had made it clear it wasnt a statement elling him how to hunt. I really shoulda said nothing, but I just wanted to voice what I had thought.

It seems that since deer season has come, we can all see how people view trophies, and hunting deer in general. Some are fortunate enough to have property with giants on them, and others have to take what they can get. I am one of those that is fortunate, but I also SHARE in this wealth I have for deer hunting!!!! Because I don't know what it is like to not have great hunting land, so I want other to see the opportunities that I have. Because I only hunt so called " TROPHY" deer, some people may view in a different way. So be it, thats the way I CHOOSE to hunt, I know the potential that can come from Management. I come from PA where there is antler restrictions, and I didnt like it at first, but you know what, IT WORKS!!! Spikes, button bucks, and any other deer can be a " TROPHY "!!! As long as they are happy in their decision to harvest that deer, and use it to feed themselves, families or others, then that is fine with me!!! From now on, I will no longer post anything about anyones else's deer. I would love to meet a few people and go at it over beers, but not on here anymore.

I have met alot of people on here, that I can call friends, and some others, that have rubbed me the wrong way, but in the long run, you are all friends because we hunt as one!!!! Call this topic whatever you want, but to put someone down for being happy in their harvest might be wrong, but it is TERRIBLY WRONG TO PUT THEM DOWN FOR THEIR OPINION AND CURSE THEM OUT!!!!!

Someone lock this thread please!!!!

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Well said Ian.
I kinda wish that it wasn't locked, cause I think that 99% of the member would agree with your post. As always it's the " few " that ruin it for the majority .
I for one am glad that you spoke up for the " majority "

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.