New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our dishwasher will not drain and I can't seem to be able to fix it. I don't know if it is clogged or something else is wrong with it. Any advice would be helpful.

With the economy as it is, I would rather fix it the spend 500 plus installation on a new one.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Pull the botom rack out and check bottom(becareful most times there is a fork or broken glass) If all looks good then check under sink where it meest your trap. If kitchen sink is slow then the water cannot exit the DW

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I had grapefruit seeds in mine once, and broken plastic fork tines another. I took the screen out of the bottom, then used a bathroom cup to scoop out all of the water, and used towels to suck up the rest out of the bowl. Thats when I saw what was jamming up the impeller.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Good advice. Watch your fingers, but see if the drain in the bottom of the washer isn't clogged with some food particles. I would also check the drain hose to see if that is full of water or possibly clogged. If it's filled with water, then something down stream of the drain hose is clogging things up.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I had a similar problem a few months back. It turned out that the drain hose was clogged. I cut the drain hose and bought a new one at Lowes for about 10 dollars. I most likely could have removed the drain hose w/o cutting it and unclogged it manually, but I was impatient. I found step by step instructions online.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
broken plastic fork tines another
You wash Plastic Forks?

Just Joking, I do to.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
What brand of dishwasher would help. and the model number would tell me everything. all the major brands do things slightly diiferent then the others.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts