New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just moved to Ocean City from Northeast PA and have been looking for some places to deer hunt :( Unfortunitly i have yet to find any decent spots (I scouted Tuchahoe WMA and was dissapointed in the deer sign.) If anyone could let me know some good spots around here I would be VERY thankful.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JJoe,
Thanks i looked on NJDEP for maps of Peaslee & Colliers Mills. If at all possible could you give me directions to get there? I live in Ocean City. Thank you sooooo much:)

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Check out Mays Landing woods . It is only about 15 , 20 minutes from you and some big bucks in the pines !

I killed 3 nice bucks off of Wemouth RD when I hunted that area!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Colliers Mills is easy -- GSP North to Exit 52 (Rt. 539). 539 West to Rt. 537 (about 40 minutes, unless you get stuck behind a combine or tractor -- it's one lane). Right turn onto 537 East, for 5 minutes to Hawkin Rd. (right turn). Hawkin Rd for 4.2 miles to Colliers Mills entrance on left.

On 539, you'll also p [no swearing please] Stafford Forge and Greenwood Forest WMA's, but while those are good pheasant spots, I don't know about the deer hunting there. You can also access Fort Dix from 539, which allows permit hunting on certain parts of the base (plenty of deer, too).

Hope this helps...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts